My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys does anyone what the model number could be of a commercial snapper hi vac mower with a 2 cycle robin engine. i think its a 4 hp. thanks

·
Registered
396 Posts
can you post a picture? I have two snappers with the robin engine but not sure if they are "commercial" models. What do you need a model number for? Part? Specs? Manual?

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I'm going to guess it could be an X21400-2. It's safe to say any Snapper with a Robin engine is a commercial grade mower. The engine is also accompanied by ball bearing steel wheels and a braced handle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you post a picture? I have two snappers with the robin engine but not sure if they are "commercial" models. What do you need a model number for? Part? Specs? Manual?

i may be getting one on friday. it says commercial right on the front of the deck. how do you like the engines are they powerful? for some reason it wouldnt let me attach a picture. but i found a similar one online. the only difference with mine is that is says commercial on the front where the picture says snapper. thanks

heres the link at the bottom for the picture

http://www.mytractorforum.com/album.php?albumid=270&pictureid=886

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
there were actually 2 levels of commercial snappers with robin engine, the lesser version were labeled "extra tough" and 2 cycle or 4 cycle. the full comm version had a different handle bracing system and an extra cap grass catcher. the robin engine is simply the best engine of all time. virtually impossiable to wear out. i have one 4 stroke with 23 hard commercial years on it with only annual oil changes! consider yourself very lucky to get one of these machiens also the handle is longer on the commercial

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
AFAIK, yes. The extra capacity, or commercial grass catcher uses the slide to hold the bag closed, as opposed to the standard bag with the door. It also breathes better than the standard bag.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AFAIK, yes. The extra capacity, or commercial grass catcher uses the slide to hold the bag closed, as opposed to the standard bag with the door. It also breathes better than the standard bag.
would you recommend the commercial bag?

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
i would not recommend the commercial bag as it fits too loosely on a standard handle . it would sag quite a bit especially as it gets full. there is also a commercial sized rear trap door model as well-tho these are some what rare

·
2-cycle Junkie
77 Posts
BTW, the pic you posted is one of my mowers, a model #21500PCR as it originally had a 4-cycle robin engine when it was made. 21=21", 5=HP, 00=series#, P=propelled, C=commercial, R=robin engine.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i would not recommend the commercial bag as it fits too loosely on a standard handle . it would sag quite a bit especially as it gets full. there is also a commercial sized rear trap door model as well-tho these are some what rare
do you know the part number for that?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the guy said he was saving the mower for me to get it today but then he sold it. just my luck. i could have had a great mower for $50

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh man that totally sucks. Not trying to rub it in but $50 for that mower was more than a steal. I bought mine which has the same engine but with a white shroud for $275 but knowing what I know now about that engine I would've paid $400-500 for one. That engine is truly excellent and should be the last mower engine you ever buy (or need to buy). Keep your eyes open for another one of those in the future, hopefully you'll be able to find one.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Man I've been looking for a robin 2-cycle to put on one of my snappers but just can't find one. I just got a 4-cycle but going to keep looking for 2-cycle til I find one. The 4-cycle ran me $150 but well worth it and I'm very glad I got it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts