My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a steel deck? I am looking for a side discharge chute and found one, but the gentleman said it is for a steel deck only. Anyone have the part number or place I can buy one? I don't want to bag all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Massey Man: Nice looking mower,if in doubt just check,the main deck (near the engine) with a magnet. IIRC,these later Snappers,were steel,I think some earlier ones,had a 1 piece cast Aluminum deck,The piece that holds the front wheels,is probably Aluminum, FYI: the P/N is 7042965YP,and lists for $28.95,new ones are plastic,older ones,metal.Just "Google" "Snapper 21500PC" and you'll find lots of parts,manuals etc.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

This is from the parts manual,which seems to cover the 21500's.It looks ,to me,as if the 29149,new number 7029149,is a "mulching cover ,or plug"(#18) I would think that (7042965 #15) would be the deflector,that you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mulching plug will work too though, so thats good to know. I am not crazy about having that big plastic deflector on the side. The mulcher will be nice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It's a steel deck. The aluminium deck mowers will have a V shape cast into the deck above the "snapper" lettering. Very jealous of your mower! I've been wanting to add that model to my collection for years.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
My 21351 PR,came with the "bag" and the "deflector",but I wanted to mulch,so I found a "bag adapter" with plug on CL ,for $10. Now i have a spare "adapter".my .weak to start with,engine makes mulching hard,and stalls in any thick grass,so I'm considering "re-powering",but that's in another thread.As the name applies,the deflector,is a safety device to "deflect"objects thrown by the blade,and the mower will mow without it being installed.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Snapper push mowers that I own all have an ignition ground wire that disables the ignition if one tries to run the mower without a deflector/ or bagging chute installed. One could defeat said wire but why. If you leave the deflector /chute off you will get a face full of clippings + any other debris that the HyVac design sucks up. This is one case where the safety switches/ devices etc. work to one's advantage IMO.

LATER.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a steel deck. The aluminium deck mowers will have a V shape cast into the deck above the "snapper" lettering. Very jealous of your mower! I've been wanting to add that model to my collection for years.
I have restored a 214X1P deck. Very nice, needs an engine.
Do you need another project ??
I will attempt to include a picture --
myhenry Ed McConnell [email protected]
Cambridge City, Indiana

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Snapper push mowers that I own all have an ignition ground wire that disables the ignition if one tries to run the mower without a deflector/ or bagging chute installed. One could defeat said wire but why. If you leave the deflector /chute off you will get a face full of clippings + any other debris that the HyVac design sucks up. This is one case where the safety switches/ devices etc. work to one's advantage IMO.

LATER.
IIRC, that feature was eliminated on later production machines.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is this a steel deck? I am looking for a side discharge chute and found one, but the gentleman said it is for a steel deck only. Anyone have the part number or place I can buy one? I don't want to bag all the time.
Snapper 7042965YP This is the part number for the chute!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you take a picture of the top of the engine if you still have the mower. I have that warning sticker with how to start but im missing part of it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts