My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OLD Snapper 28" Hi Vac comet riding mower From the 70's or 80's that I have rebuilt and need a model number for a new gas tank. I have the one that is mounted :thanku:eek:n the side NOT behind the seat. any help???

Thanks

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
Put your hand on your wallet. While most of the parts for these riders I believe are affordable, Snapper is proud of these replacement tanks, and the price reflects that. I believe they are in the $70 range.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
the only vendor showing a 7050753 wanted $86.00 for it.One of the repower places said a Tecumseh 34186a replaces the side mount tank on a rer Snapper,it's plastic 4 quart. Google Tecumseh 34186a several sellers show them. and much cheaper.

·
Learning as I go along
273 Posts
I was doing some work on a new to me PK, and the prior owner seems to have replaced the PK tank with the smaller plastic one for the Comet. I bought a replacement PK tank on e-bay, so won't need the used Snapper tank.

If you still need the tank let me know. I will remove it and make sure it is the correct replacement. I have a Comet to test fit it on. PM me, and we can talk. I know it does not leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts