My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my snapper is up on the hind legs and away for the winter. While up I noticed the clutch wheel disk dried out, cracked and chunks missing so I bought a new one and removed it.. Odd to be this worn with so few hours and absolutely not driveablilty issues.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
After a couple of years, the new drive and disk still look fairly decent despite mowing my neighbors lawn on a slope for a number of weeks!

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Long time ago when I had my first 1981 8hp 30" I found that if you do wheelies that the drive disc doesn't last as long.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did it look like this? (My '05 when it was about 2 years old)
Is there a story behind this one? I wonder if they had a run of defective ones or maybe it's aftermarket? My factory original doesn't look anything like that after more than 10 years of frequent use. Theres a few small dry cracks visible but still smooth and plenty functional.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a story behind this one? I wonder if they had a run of defective ones or maybe it's aftermarket? My factory original doesn't look anything like that after more than 10 years of frequent use. Theres a few small dry cracks visible but still smooth and plenty functional.

like I said, mine is low hours and not abused in any way... Maybe it was a defective run? Mine is original not replaced.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
replaced the clutch over the winter and tried it out today. Smooth as silk and and definitely starts off smoother then the old clutch and don't have the 'noise' when cold for the first few minutes.. Odd clutch noise.. almost like bad bearing noise.. .gone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts