My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Didn't know snapper made/had weedeaters made for them. It's old, and I had to straighten the shaft tube as it somehow got bent.

You can't see it too well, but the grass guard is completely broken and is somehow being held together with a thin piece of flimsy sheet metal or some type of metal, I don't know exactly.

Here's the engine:

It spins over, sounds good, but haven't checked spark yet. NO idea where that random fuel line goes, I haven't torn into it yet to figure that out. The gas tank is split, can't find another tank for it so I may be improvising. Worst case, I'll just yank the engine and throw it on another shaft. Then again I don't know what brand the engine is so I doubt I can find parts.

·
Banned
261 Posts
I think that fuel line is correct as is, it purports to be an overflow. Does seem a bit wasteful/not currently EPA friendly :-/. Never personally had a set up like that with a tickler, maybe that is standard operating procedure for them. Looks like one of those slide carb set ups, bet they are fun.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I have no idea. This is a completely new engine type to me, I THINK it's made by Mitsubishi but I can't find any info on it, let alone a replacement fuel tank.

only good thing I've confirmed besides the engine being free is it does have spark. Haven't gone too much farther as of yet.

Reactions: 1652

·
Banned
261 Posts
Honestly, I have no idea. This is a completely new engine type to me, I THINK it's made by Mitsubishi but I can't find any info on it, let alone a replacement fuel tank.

only good thing I've confirmed besides the engine being free is it does have spark. Haven't gone too much farther as of yet.

Right! I can’t find any useful info on that model either. Not a 2 cycle expert by any means, but 21.2 cc makes me think Echo.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In a kind of ironic twist, I found a similar engine for sale so I nabbed it. Looks like it has the same issue with the gas tank, except it looks like it was possibly patched together. If it was, doesn't seem to be holding well...

I may end up trying to find a way to retrofit some type of fuel tank on both of them.

Reactions: 1652
1 - 7 of 7 Posts