My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new GT Enthusiast here
View attachment 2446936
Had been looking for a useful machine for my small property and found this 1855 last fall. Had been sitting for over 10 years and was missing a few peices.

Alot of work has went into this over the last 5 months, the original onan was seized and control valve assembly damaged.

Today its functional but I'm crying the Marvel DD blues, wish I had of went for the honda! Below are some pictures throughout the process of my project, feedback and advice is encouraged and appreciated

Hoping to make this thing useful!

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Welcome aboard and nice GT. I passed on one of these awhile back for cheap and will probably regret it forever. I'll be living thru your resto vicariously. Keep on posting.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Nice work.
I have the same tractor sitting in my yard, waiting for some attention, going to add the 3pt and 3rd spool,
and then use it for pushing snow/dirt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Still a 2 spool for now. One handle was broken off and valve locked in reverse position when I found the tractor. This fault was preventing circulation of fluid through the spool assembly and would not allow the hydraulic system to actuate. I ended up buying a 1650 parts tractor and salvaging the useable control valve assembly it had intact. Hydraulics are now functional and I have the parts/seals to someday add the third spool-
Still need to get the powertrain right to make this thing a tractor

Dan DL North, let's see a pic of your 1855 !?!?!? What # do you have?

·
Registered
538 Posts
S/N 34 245609, Onan eng S/N A8 33651449
I got it a couple years ago and really haven't done anything to it yet.
I basically got it from the original owner who did a bunch of "work" on it over the years, including paint and a cylinder for the blower. Note that it has the wrong decals on it
I did get a 3pt and extra valve block to add a 3rd spool.
This is a pic of when I got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts