My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up another one!!This ones a 1995,I think. That's about six since spring,I bust'em down to the bone and work my way back up,fixing,replacing,and painting.I've had real good luck selling them this summer but seasons bout gone,so I may have to sit on it till spring.Any way--just wanted to brag a tad,here's some end results shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
impressive, looks like new, got before shots?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have been thinking of starting to buy and sell Snappers on the side to make a little money. I am a UPS driver in a rural area and I see a lot of Snappers sitting in the weeds or the back of sheds wasting away. About how much do you make per mower average?

By the way I saw the ad for that on Craigslist. I think that is a steal.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hello. I am envious. I have at least 8 RER's that need attention. Finding time to work on them properly is the problem. Always somthing else comes along to take up the time. I am glad someone is saving these great machines from an early death. Could you list some of the resources that you used for paint, parts etc.

WAY TO GO

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Although I own an '05 now, I originally hoped for one like the one you're selling.
Can you say 'ball park' how much that beauty would fetch?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Nice job. Looks like new again. :fing32::fing32:

·
Registered
115 Posts
dude 11 please give me tips how to fix mine i'm a qiuck learner i put alot of money in my 78 snaper series 2 I worried it never going to work i have another guy helping me with it but he has not worked on the on snappers 20 years read my next post please help

I luv the work you did on this one i have a series 4-6 service manual i will e-mail it to you if that helps thanks Mikey

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice job! Rattle can or spray gun and hardener?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thax fellows!!I had started re-storing old Sears tractors,few JD's,but seems like Snappers rer'ers still have a place in my heart. Lets see if I can sum some of these.Lord no,no begining shots,I'd never be able to sell'em :biglaugh:--The return $$ is always different,cause of begining cost,amount of new parts,& labor due to amount of time it takes.Oh yeah,$475.00,that is an off season price,add $100.00 in the heat of grass season!As for parts sources,I just found a fellow member(in Ga.)that owns a dealership in Leesburg,**** of a nice guy to deal with.Paint is rustolum(spelling?),cut a tad w/thinner & hardener,shot with gun & compressor.Mikey,I left you a post.Thax again guys!!:trink40:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You lier you just bought that off the show room floor after you used your time machine and went back to 1995.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok guys-just an update--Sent this lad home with a new owner yesterday!!New owner drove over 4hrs.(round trip)to get it and was very happy. Guess I'm Snapperless right now.Not to fret,going to look at another candidate this evening,to fix up for sale.Plus,picking up one next month for an "over the winter" project.A friend has the one I mentioned with a chrome rectangle steering wheel,that he wants a complete restore done.It's an early 1960'ish.I'll start a new restore thread with that one---and yes,I'll do the step by step pic.of that build.Well,I've known & worked with him,before I retired, some 40yrs.Hope he still loves me when I slide him the bill.:sidelaugh I'll keep ya'll updated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts