My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a franken mower. I combined the engine from a Honda harmony hrt216.

I also recently accuired two snapper self propelled mowers. One is a pre compliance 21350p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other is a 21351p. With a handle mounted kill lever.

I decided to use the snapper with the kill switch as the honda engine has a cable mounted kill switch. Both snappers were pretty rough so I used the better parts to combine into one.

I had to replace the engine drive belt with a 26" one because the hondas engine had a larger diameter pulley. I also am currently using the hondas double blade. In the futue I may find a high lift honda blade. This has the stock honda engine, pulley, blade adaptor, blade, speed control and kill cable (to be officially routed)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a shot of how I hooked up my kill lever. Temporarly held on by a hose clamp. Lever is mounted above the bar verses under it, for cable angle and pull.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got around to mowing yesterday.It actually cut really well with the honda double mulching blade. I may try a high lift blade to pick up sticks better. The self propelled seems loud but I know that I have a lower tension pulley that is rough.

On a side note I measured the temperature of the chute after mowing and it was 145° but not soft enough to dent with my finger.

I consider this a sucess.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cut seems about the same with both decks using the hondas mulching blade. I only used the honda once, pushing it around.I am going to try a high lift blade. Thinking of trying the snapper with the wings but need to check if out will mount to the hondas adaptor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In using this mower I have noticed that at low cutting heights the edge of the deck drags and notions out more than my started, short wheel based lawn boy.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally outfitted the snap da with a high lift blade. I ordered a blade that turned out to be an oregon 99 107.

I also bought and added the air lift wings.

I did need to adapt the blade to the blade adaptor. I used a piece of 3/8 x 5.5 x 1.75. Drilled holes to clear the 3/8 x 24 in the center and the 10 x 1.25 on the blade adaptor.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting the holes in the blade took cobalt bits and a rotary carbide in a die grinder. The blade now sits about an inch above the bottom of the deck. It seems to have more lift than before.

It now will now fully pack the bag when the grass is fairly dry.

I am now happy with most everything on this mower. The only complaint is because of how low I cut and sometimes dragging.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Weird two honda Frankenmowers seen on this forum today . I have a gxv powered snapper but it's an oem commercial model cp215518hv with the larger plastic shroud . It makes the engine look massive on the deck and angled slightly to the right looking from the front . Does you engine look square on the deck?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts