My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tecumseh HH60 which was rebored oversized years ago and Now I hear no oversized rings or pistons are available. I tried finding a place to put a sleeve in this block for me but there is none around me that does this small of a bore which is 2.625. They say there machines will not accomodate it. One place I sent an email to was some place in California and they wanted $400 to sleeve it and Im saying WHATTTTT?????? Was they trying to screw me? I see a sleeve for $26 that might work but it is 8" long and that is too long for the cylinder. Can it be cut off too work? Is anyone I can send my block to get it sleeved without bankrupting me? I will post a link to a sleeve I was looking at. The original bore for this tecumseh hh60 was 2.625". I am trying to restore this engine for my grandpa who is 96 and not doing so well. I promised to get this engine restored for him before he passes on. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There are many many snowblowers around with engines that use motors very similar to your hh6. Might be your best bet. And cheapest..
Not sure what part of the country you're from but they're all over here (Pennsylvania)

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I have never pulled a dry sleeve before. If the Tecumseh came with a sleeve the repair manual should tell how to remove it.
The outside diameter of the new sleeve will be as important is the inside. The bore will also have to be check even on a new sleeve.
Not sure of the intent of this build. But if to just get it to run for grandpa cleaning up the bore and expanding the piston maybe the way to go.

·
15,000 +posts!
19,776 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never pulled a dry sleeve before. If the Tecumseh came with a sleeve the repair manual should tell how to remove it.
The outside diameter of the new sleeve will be as important is the inside. The bore will also have to be check even on a new sleeve.
Not sure of the intent of this build. But if to just get it to run for grandpa cleaning up the bore and expanding the piston maybe the way to go.
This engine never had a sleeve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts