My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got some they want to get rid of?

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
get rid of ??
the current price is 86.00 for the R.H. bracket.
the L. H. one is 54.00.

did you buy the one a few weeks back, with no brackets??
the one i,m thinking of went for over 180.00 with out the brackets.
thank you. boomer

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
get rid of ??
the current price is 86.00 for the R.H. bracket.
the L. H. one is 54.00.
Wow.....talk about profit margins! :eek:mg:
I didn't realize those brackets were so pricey! That's ridiculous! There's probably less than $3 worth of material in each bracket. Add in production costs in a mass production set-up & 200% mark-up, they still shouldn't cost even $15 each.
Aren't these still in production........or is that why the price is so high?

I originally figured that it would be easier to just locate some used, ready made brackets. I guess I'll just make everything instead of trying to find it for a reasonable price.

did you buy the one a few weeks back, with no brackets??
the one i,m thinking of went for over 180.00 with out the brackets.
thank you. boomer
No, I've got a sleeve hitch, that has been altered, that came with a basket case 444. Someone welded a piece of plate to the mounting surface of the right bracket. They really messed it up, too. It doesn't bolt on correctly now. It sits at an angle & tends to bind. They also welded two large pieces of angle iron to the top of the sleeve hitch. I imagine they did that to be able to bolt some weight on there.

I would like to have a sleeve hitch mounted on both my 444-77 & my 4016PS. Since I have one sleeve hitch & brackets, it shouldn't be too bad a job to copy the parts & make a new one.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
Yes, they are still in production. The basic design of the sleeve hitch and the trans-axle hasn't changed by very much. By using the latest bracket design, you can install a sleeve hitch from the mid 70's onto a 4 digit Ingersoll.

In my opinion, far too many Ingersoll parts prices have been jacked up to a price that is totally out of proportion with the actual cost to produce the item.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
pro.
i needed the 86.00 one.
the originals were made from 1 1/4 X 2 X 3/16 wall rect. tube ( 4" long)
i looked for weeks all i could find was 1/8 wall.
i ended up using 1 1/4 X 4" solid stock. (no nuts reqd.)
i did all the work BEFORE cutting the angle.
i could take a pic., but it is currently on the way to washington state. good luck, boomer

·
Registered
786 Posts
This would be one of the easy parts to make from scratch, so just go for it. If you have trouble locating some round bar, maybe you could use a piece from a grade 8 bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts