My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can I get a sleeve hitch for a 914 or 718 allis,the later one with adjusting bolts,there used to be a exact remake on ebay,but havnt seen it lately, there one on there now but it isn't quite as accurate to oem I have a 1 bottom plow I want to use

·
Registered
564 Posts
Remember to look for Simplicity parts too. I'd keep checking ebay.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
where can I get a sleeve hitch for a 914 or 718 allis,the later one with adjusting bolts,there used to be a exact remake on ebay,but havnt seen it lately, there one on there now but it isn't quite as accurate to oem I have a 1 bottom plow I want to use
Be advised that you arenot supposed to use the "adjustment" screws
On the single point hitch as the plow is supposed to swing freely. Tightening the screws will have the undesirable effect of the plow steering the tractor instead of vise versa. I don't like how the plow plops around when lifted so I prefer to use a lift chain attached directly to the plow beam instead of the rod attached to the single point.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have one on eBay. It is copied exactly like my original Simplicity. So, unless there is another, mine is correct.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
thanks skunk,thats good advise I never knew about
You can still use the hitch adapter with the plow just back the screws out and remove the plate. You use the jamb screws on all other implements, I just choose to use use the FDT hitch adapter with chain lift.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yes, why? My feedback is 100% and I never had a complaint on my hitches. Josh, has bought my stuff and so have other people on this site. People have also bought from me on Craigslist, eBay and SimpleTractors.

One guy that hasn`t bought one from me or asked a question, isn`t worth a witch hunt or participation on this site. Mine are exact duplicates of the original that I have or you can spend twice as much. I could care less. I sell enough to satisfy my needs.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,447 Posts
I can't imagine there are too many folks who can fab/replicate like Ray. Amazing work!

I agree with Phil's advice...let her swing and sway when in use. The chain to the beam does limit the L to R flop when in the lifted, travel position. The only thing I've used the adjustment screws for was a box blade.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yes, why?
Well I saw a hItch on eBay and the seller was acb212. Just trying to put two and two together. It is hard to get 100%... I dont sell much but sold an item and buyer complained that the cost of shipping was unreasonable even though I charged her $10 less than it cost me for rural delivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts