My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share with you guys some pictures of my completed project. It is a sleeve hitch with electric winch. I have it on my CUB 1000 but plan will fit on any cubs. I may sell some kits minus the winch if people are interested. The winch is a $40 harbor freight one but I am impressed with the quality so far. The control pad is located on the fender for now.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,985 Posts
Interesting. I'm curious have you used any implements with it yet? If so, is there any "bounce" since the cable is not rigid?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With weight on the implement there is no bounce, more of a float. Wheel Horse uses a cable for there lift.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like ur idea. I've been thinking about doing that to my Wheel Horse. Allis Chalmers And Simplicity also use a cable for the rear lift.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looks good.One thing nice,using a winch with a sleeve hitch,is that you can raise the impliments way up high which is good for loading the rig on a trailer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is the same winch I use on mine. It has plenty of lifting power. The only problem I have had with mine is when I first started using it, my battery got weak after lifting my plow after about an hour of use. I upgraded to a better battery with higher amps and have not had any problems since.
When using standard implements I run a single line lift but for my heavier rototiller, it takes a doubled line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes. I needed more traction than my garden tractor had but in a small package to pull my trail mower. An ATV was just too fast so this is what I came up with. Lots of spare time and a couple used up riding mowers and this was the result.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Super idea with the winch. I will go to harbor freight tomorrow and buy one. Mine uses a screw jack to lift it but can not lift the tiller.:praying:

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Nice job nathans!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts