My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a older bricktop with a feature I've never seen on a bricktop before.
(actually two features) It has the low/high speed lever and a single wider exhaust port.

Its a 7253 from 1964 I believe. Has anyone seen this single ported cylinder before? All that I've run into in the past have had three ports.

I can get some pics up sometime if I really try but I just want to know if this was a common thing on early D-400 engines?

Thanks.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I haven't taken it apart to see the exhaust but the 5232 has the low/high adjuster on it, also from 1964. That is unique though, the single exhaust port...got a pic?

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found this in my paperwork...
Why Thank You so kindly! That pretty much sums it up. I would have never known that.

As for this particular engine, It performs well. No noticeable power loss, just a strange site when 99.9% of all Lawnboy engines have the common three ports and all of a sudden you find this..

Thanks again.

Neal

·
Senior MTF Poster
13,214 Posts
I have often added speed control to Brick Tops. Just need the lever, special screw to hold it with wavy friction spring washer, and you need to switch the spring under the governor weights also spring up to governor arm.

Not too many of them.

Walt Conner

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the very top ring is over the port...Uh ohh I guess I'd better tear her down....(just kidding) It runs like a top.

Neal

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Man that's a very nice brick, I love the paint scheme on it. I might be buying one just like it soon:050:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts