My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently was in the market for a mower, and found a good deal on a used Simplicity Legacy XL diesel with 4wd, cat1 hitch, 540 pto, 54 inch mower, and front end loader. 300 hours, ran me $5K.

Got the thing home and decided on a complete service. Took off all the attachments, greased and lubed everything, new oil and filter, new hydraulic oil and filter for hydrostatic, drained fuel separated, new air filter, the whole nine yards.

Then I made my rookie mistake. I topped off all fluids, then put the loader back on and retracted the cylinders. The hydraulics run off the tranny, a tuff torq k92, which overflowed out the fill hose.

Did I cause damage overfilling it, should I drain and it? Do Ikeep it under full with the loader off or overfill with the loader on? Anyone with a LegacyXL and loader out there?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
when I did my 50 hour tranny service on my XL I drained the unit and replaced the filter and put in the right amount per the manual and if I can remember you check the fluid when it is cold. Anyway's after I did the service I did not have a problem with it over flowing out the tube when I put the FEL on it. To be safe I'd call Tuff Torq and see what they say. They are really nice people to deal with.

·
Me
542 Posts
Wath; :howdy:

I am like Andy, don't know that is the case; that the FEL is causing that. Could you have overfilled it in general?

I have not had a problem with my FEL like that. It would seem that the tranny is full to the full mark with FEL on retracted or not. Extended it may drop a little,

Let us know what tuff torque says, can't be a new question. I know they ship the FEL without HF so some has to go in there and remain in the hoses, lines even when retracted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts