My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just a question to resolve the ongoing controversy in my mind at least regarding tuff torq's K57s and K58s (as used in John Deeres). In the JD forums, there are pages and pages of talk regarding the defiencies in the tuff torqs transaxles for LAWN tractors. Some good but most are from skeptics who say it was designed for this (usually failure in so many hours) or that it won't handle that (hills, slopes, light hauling etc.) so an and so forth. Many say if you can't change it's oil, then it is destined for a short life. Of course all speculation at this point since the K58s in the Deeres are relatively new.

Anyways, Simplicity is well regarded as a top of the line lawn tractor that I have read little to no complaints about. Actually I am surprised I don't see more people using them with the things I have read. Since the Broadmoor and Regent use the K57, which is similiar to the K58 in JDs, is there much talk among the Simplicity owners that it is an inferior transaxle when compared to the rest of the mower? Is it considered Simplicity's achilles hill sort of speak?
Any imput is appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts