My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time reader of the original forum...

I have a quick question...my father in-law is moving into a condo and no longer is in need of his 2006 Broadmoor (20/50). Its in great shape has 59 hours total as he's had a service the last couple years.

I bought a 2009 Regent last year (22/44) i Have about 30 hours on my machine. that I'm really happy with.

My yard is an acre...no hills etc.

He's giving his tractor to the new owner but said I can swap out if i'd like...

Any reason not to upgrade??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if the broadmoor has more longevity...better components etc.

I really don't know much about the guts of these machines.
If the broadmoor will last longer and is tougher than the regent...I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Swap it. The rear end on the broadmoor is better... Double check but I am almost positive... Of course your going across different years but in general broadmoor is better...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Swap it. The rear end on the broadmoor is better... Double check but I am almost positive... Of course your going across different years but in general broadmoor is better...
You're giving up virtually nothing but a couple of years...hours of usage is a non-issue either way...you give up a little on the turning radius...losing a couple years and the turning radius is the only downside I see. The upside is a better stronger hydro on the Broadmoor, slightly bigger and stronger chassis to be sure which might indicate a better longevity...more attachements available for the Broadmoor, better resale with a potentially much bigger demographic wanting a Broadmoor compared to the Regent...I suspect residual value of these units are similiar at this point, but the older they get the Broadmoor should yield better numbers.

If both are in equally excellent shape, I'd go for the upgrade and not look back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prestigious1 that is exactly why I come to this forum. I appreciate the take and info on the hydro etc.

No one said anything about the engine difference so I assume neither outperforms the other?

·
Lost & Found
210 Posts
The Broadmoor comes with the B&S Vanguard V-Twin, which should easily outlast the B&S Intek V-Twin. Tuff Torq K-58 Vs K-46HD, 10 gauge steel frame vs 12 gauge steel frame, and 6 inches more of cutting deck. If I were in your position, I would love my newly traded for Broadmoor. Not to mention, comparing list price of both new is nearly a $2000 difference.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
Swap the Regent nice but Broadmoor nicer, better motor and hydro. Not sure if the 2006 Broadmoor came with Automatic Controlled Traction. To bad your F I L wants to give up either lawn tractor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts