My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My front PTO stopped working after sitting in the shop a few weeks. No PTO light either. Starts and runs, everything else works. I can bypass the wiring by jumping a wire from the battery + to clutch wire + and the PTO works, just wont work with the switch... any ideas where to start or what to check.?

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,529 Posts
What is your model #? Normally, with key on (and not running), there should be +12V on the "B" terminal of the PTO sw. (middle terminal under the "A" terminal which is the one without a mate). When the PTO is turned on, +12 goes to the "A" terminal and then to both the PTO itself and the PTO light circuit. Since you can activate the PTO by putting +12V on the PTO, seems like a matter of checking from the ignition switch rectifier terminal, thru the PTO sw. to the PTO. There is usually an unused connector hanging off the ign. sw. rectifier terminal which uses the same feed as the PTO sw. Check if +12V is on it with the ign. sw. on and go from there.
Gerald

·
Registered
141 Posts
A-1 gave a great answer. I looked at my schematic and both the light and PTO run off the same switch terminal.

If you haven't already, check for power at the switch with the ORANGE wire. (This is the wire that feeds the PTO and light). Make certain the PTO switch is ON).

If the IS power, the wire is damaged after it leaves the switch, possibly where it splits off to the PTO and light.

If there is no.power, check the YELLOW with RED stripe wire. This is the feed going into the switch. If it has power, the switch is bad. If it doesn't, the wire is broken between the PTO switch and the main splice. (Easy way to find the splice point is to follow the large, RED battery cable wire, to the circuit breaker. It's just past the circuit breaker).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all...
I checked what G-1 said and I have power at "B" and power at "A" when turned on....
I disconnected the interlock module and grounded the "PTO GRD" on the plug and everything works, front PTO engages and PTO light comes on but it bypasses my seat safety switch and interlock module.....
I'm assuming I have a problem with my "Safety Interlock Module" because my seat safety switch ohms tests ok.
Does anyone know how I can bench test this module.?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts