My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
You have sold me on the simplicity conquest (2550) and thanks for all your help so far. I want a snowblower attachment for the driveway and originally I was going to get a Beromac, but it seems as though they don't sell one for simplicity.

I called a simplicity dealer and they want a fortune for the snowblower, subframe and weight carrier! I was shocked at the prices (over 3K) and I still have to buy weights and tire chains. I haven't found a single used blower attachment for sale nationwide.

Are there any alternatives to the simplicity brand blower?

I might have to consider a JD X500 instead. :(

Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,512 Posts
There's always fabbing up a mount/lifting mechanism for the Bercomac... I made one for 44" snowblower and 48" brush, to connect them to a snapper walkbehind hydro mower, and they work very nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's always fabbing up a mount/lifting mechanism for the Bercomac... I made one for 44" snowblower and 48" brush, to connect them to a snapper walkbehind hydro mower, and they work very nice.
You obviously are much more talented than I am lol. I don't have that capability although id probably be willing to pay someone if it made sense

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Did you try Craigslist? There was one in Wisconsin for 1,050.00 with the hitch Pt#1694286. Just a thought.

·
makin noise!
349 Posts
He's in Canada eh. Travel would be an issue currently.

Not sure about the pricing difference north of the border but, I just bought a new single stage blower and hitch from my local dealer, I think the total was $1,560 US, the 2 stage was $500 more. I have a Prestige but, they take the same hitch and blower, just a slightly different setup procedure. Maybe you should check with a different dealer?
They tried to sell me a package that included weights and chains for about $400 more, but I already have those. They also wanted $400 labor for installing, "no thanks, I can take care of that".

Reactions: Dwalks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts