My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gahhh, every time I think I have come to a decision about something, something comes along and mucks it up.

I was going to pick up the tractor I essentially bought yesterday at the dealer. An AC130 23/42. The dealer calls me and tells me he has a 2012 Simplicity Regent 21/42 that he can give me for 100 dollars more then I paid for the AC, and it has a nicer deck. The rub is, the Simplicity has a single cylinder brigs where the the AC as a Vtwin. So, the choice is, better engine with crappy deck or better deck with crappy engine.

To add to the choice, the 2013 Simplicity Regent 20/42 that replaced the 21/42 has a Vtwin. But of course its $350 more, which is not a terribly big deal, but it's a moot point as they are currently unavailable.

So in keeping with what IS available, the next step up would be to go to the Regent EX 23/44. Which is $950 more, which is frankly getting well outside of where I want to be. As far as I can tell, $950 gets you some slightly upgraded features, like a nicer seat, and a Vtwin.

I am not hung up on quality of cut, as I am confident that the AC with the crappier deck will produce a satisfactory result. However, if the actual construction of the simplicity deck is better, and would therefore hold up better, it is certainly something worth considering. I just don't know if a better quality deck is worth trading off from the Vtwin.

Opinions?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Much as I hate to
say it, get the Simplicity.
I don't know how long you keep your "tractors" but I would get something standard so there will be parts available for years to come. The wannabe Allis I invision being hard to find parts for deck. If the quality of cut is that unimportant then you might as well get a big box tractor.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hows about this question.

Are the Tough Torque 46 and Hydro-Gear T2HP basically the same as far as durability, or does one have an advantage over the other?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts