My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the opportunity to purchase the tractor shown below. I have not seen the tractor in person but it says that it has been very well taken care. Also available is the mower deck and snowblower. I don't know much about simplicity tractors, what can you tell me about the model and the general desirability/quality of the tractor shown? I'd be most interested in using the tractor for mowing/snow blowing. What would be a good price for the tractor, the deck and the snowblower? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That is a late model Soveregn tractor. Can tell anything about HP from the photo. Probably 18 or 19 hp but a real powerhouse and real no excused, garden tractor. It will handle, mold board plow, FEL, and other ground engaging implements. Quality of cut with a properly adjusted mower is second to none. I suppose this time of year it would command $2000-2500. What is the owner asking?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of price yet. Would the price you suggested be for tractor only or for the combo with the snowblower? Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
It has the Kohler Triad and were known to drop cylinder liners. That is why Kohler quit making them and Simplicity went back to using the Command engine. They also had poor air filtration. I would Google Kohler Triad before buying.

Not trying to discourage you from buying it but it is a lot of money if you have to repower in the near future and there are alot of nice machines out there with a Command engine in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts