My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
4,783 Posts
You might get a better idea over at Simpletractors.com but from what I have seen around it would probably advertise for $1200...but it would not sell for that...if it had some attachments like a snow blower or plow, rototiller, etc it would...but with just a mower deck probably would get snatched up quickly at about $650 to $850
It is a good piece of equipment

·
Registered
538 Posts
Looks like it's in rough shape. I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred. What it's worth? Probably not much more than a coupe hundred.
Rough shape? Heck I wouldn't call it that, because of a little paint fade. That's a $1000.00 machine in my neck of the woods too.

·
Learning the hard way
942 Posts
It looks like the left front tire has some lean to it. Looking into what you can see at the engine, looks like head cover shroud is missing, spark plug not even in plugged in. Front engine (the one closer to the middle of tractor) cover doesn't appear to be in place. Deck is pretty rusty, and it appears it had been sitting around for awhile and we don't have any idea how many hours are on it. I agree if it was decent usable shape that $1,000 would be fair price.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm surprised nobody pointed out that being a Massey they are harder to come by in that body style. It looks to be in decent shape for a tractor from early 90s. However, this family of tractors has decreased in value and popularity drastically the last couple years. If it runs and operates well I think $1000 is a ballpark value, but only because it is a Massey Ferguson version. A Massey collector may pay $1000 but other than that it is valued less.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just sold a 2718H, a much smaller machine here for $1500, not running but in super cosmetic shape. It needed a battery, fresh fuel and likely a carb cleaning. It was listed for only an hour and I had 20 emails, the first guy who saw it took it for asking price. There was a 2920H for sale a month ago for $3,000 firm, it was up for about a week before the seller removed the ad. Not sure what it actually sold for though. Along the same lines, there's a Simplicity version of that thing listed as running with a parts tractor that's been listed at $400 for a year now with no takers.

·
Super Moderator
29,513 Posts
Looks to be in good shape, looking at the photo looks like left wheel is over inflated and right looks to be low giving it a "lean" in the photo. I would think in the $1000 - $1500 range at least in that condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts