My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a rather difficult time finding new or used Plow and subframe for this model. Have been told they are discontinued but someone must have one stuck in inventory or one sitting out behind the garage somewhere. I also thought someone must be able to fabricate a subframe for a different power angle plow. Do you think I will die with a shovel in my hand or is it possible to find what I need? Hello to all the sub compact tractor owners.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Have you tried checking with a dealer? I know outfits like Snow blowers direct always show items as discontinued. You could also call Simplicity and check with them.

·
Super Moderator
8,674 Posts
Hi RADE66 and welcome to

Have you SCOURED face book and Craigslist?...What part of the country are you from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried checking with a dealer? I know outfits like Snow blowers direct always show items as discontinued. You could also call Simplicity and check with them.
Have called all dealers in area and all say they have none and said Simplicity has no stock and Legacy line discontinued. I thought maybe someone across country may have one in stock or a used one they no longer want. Looks like only way I will get one is someone that has one and wants to part with it. I also heard simplicity possibly could make a run of snow attachments in fall but no holding my breath on that one. Would appreciate anyone with info on new or used one ,and subframe, available for purchase. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking for Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 power angle 60" with subframe. 1694387 blade 1694395 subframe

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I spoke with my contact @ simplicity and you are correct that they have no inventory on the attachments due to the covid 19 and the supply chain. They will be building the last Legacy in March or April and then it will be discontinued.
My business sells aluminum extrusions and our lead time from our plants is now out to 5-6 months. There is one dealer that I see advertise every once in a while that is in Wisconsin I believe it is called Schroeder Equipment.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I forgot to mention that he did say they had a large order with their vendor on the blade but not sure when they will receive them due to this covid 19

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andy, Did you mean Schroeder had a large order with their vendor? Did he suggest these were all being built because they were already sold or for inventory to sell?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
No I said you could see if Schroeder might have one. Simplicity has a large order with their vendor for the blade and other attachments and it is parts and the supply chain that is going so slow due to the pandemic.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
another dealer that I can think of from what I have read in the past is Brentwood Power Equipment in Brentwood N.H, these people have always been in articles when there has been reviews for the Legacy XL in the magazines.

·
MTF Member
750 Posts
Try these guys.
Northampton Farm Bureau 610-258-2871
Located in Tatamy,Pa
If they're still in business they dealt in Simplicity.
Nothing to lose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
another dealer that I can think of from what I have read in the past is Brentwood Power Equipment in Brentwood N.H, these people have always been in articles when there has been reviews for the Legacy XL in the magazines.
Thanks so much for all the good ideas. I'm on it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
wait a minute... so they are going to discontinue all Simplicity Legacy XLs? Are they replacing it with something or is this the end of the line for this size of tractor?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
wait a minute... so they are going to discontinue all Simplicity Legacy XLs? Are they replacing it with something or is this the end of the line for this size of tractor?
Yes they are and will not be replacing it, the last one will be built in March or April. Sales have dropped over the past few years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From what I understand they are discontinuing the Legacy line I do not know if they will replace it with something but they are still going to be making attachments of which they have no stock right now this information came from a couple dealers who have talked to their simplicity people

·
Registered
598 Posts
wow just wow that is disappointing to hear. I have completely enjoyed the legacy line. they have been the perfect size tractor for me. oh well i guess. hopefully replacement parts are still available for quite some time.

·
TRACTORHAULIC
102 Posts
Well, if that is true then I guess my new Legacy XL will have me switching to the green line. That is sad. I have had Simplicity in my stable for over 45 years.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Well, if that is true then I guess my new Legacy XL will have me switching to the green line. That is sad. I have had Simplicity in my stable for over 45 years.
Me too it has been more than 45 years that I have had Simplicity in my garage. Like I mentioned in this post when I read it I contacted my guy at Simplicity and he confirmed that the last on will be built this Month or in April. Sales for the XL had been slipping over the past few years, in a way I can't blame them even though I'm not happy about it. When an if the day comes that my XL is getting really tired I will also go over to the Green Machine. But for now I will keep mine I have the hard side cab and the FEL,snowblower and the 60 inch deck and for me to sell it at this time would cost to much to replace it and the 7 series does not offer the FEL. Parts should still be available for quite some time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts