My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me anything about the 7117 Simplicity tractor. I have was thinking of purchasing one from a guy for $1000 with a snowblower, wheel weights and chains. Tractor looks in nice shape but right when the motor turns over it sounds like a pinball machine then immediatly the noise goes away. the tractor runs fine. If this has a motor problem what kind of a job would it be to replace the motor. The motor is a 17 kohler
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The Kohler KT 17 hp came in two versions. Series I and Series II. The series one had oiling problems especially if you were mowing on an angle the oil would not get properly distributed and most of them ended up with well ventilated blocks. The series II had a much improved oiling system and are quite dependable.

As for the 7117, they are a nice solid tractor that will serve you well. Take out the price of the:
snowblower approx $300 - $350
wheel weights approx $85
chains approx $25

and you can see what you have in the tractor. Depending upon what you would repower it with, an average kit price would be in the $1300 - $1500 range. You could of course swap in an earlier single cylinder 16 or 14 HP Briggs or Kohler and still have a nice setup.

·
Registered
327 Posts
hello there I just acquired a 7117 and so your saying you can actually take a 16hp kohler single and swap in place of the original twin? that wood be cool if that can be done?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts