My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this tractor up for free with snowblower and deck. It was outside for years but I got it running and finally got the snowblower installed.
It was all in pieces in a box,,lift handle and a bunch of brackets. It took me hours to figure out how this snowblower mounted and how the belt routing is.
But the belt for the deck is too short for the snowblower. I think I need a 82" belt for this 32" snowblower Does anyone know for sure??? What size belt does this take for snowblower?
I also have the cutest little simplicity snow blade. But it dont go to this tractor?? Ill try to get some pictures tomorrow.

·
6,990 Posts
I don't know if all Simplicities have the belt info on the inside of the hood...but take a look...I have had a lot of them and I don't remember any not having that and the paint color information...this is from a Legacy

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The info is not inside the hood. This is a 1960's to 70's Yeoman 616. pull start rider. There is allot of information on the web but I cannot find the belt size for this snowblower. I realize more information and pictures would help.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Here are possible belt lengths for the small Simplicity riding mowers, depending on what snow blower you have. If you can find the mfg tag on the blower, you're home free. It looks like the blower that came as a 616 Serf accessory is the 1690034 model.

They made a mid-mount grader blade for the 616. It's possible that is what you have - Photos?

This info came from the SimpleTrACtors website, that has lots of Simplicity stuff and knowledgeable folks.

Part numberlengthbelt #
293,419Rotary Snow Thrower, 32"Drive79.1106723
476Rotary Snow Thrower, 27"Drive78.1108508
477Rotary Snow Thrower, 32"Drive82.1108209
561Rotary Snow Thrower, 27"Drive78.1108508
562, 882Rotary Snow Thrower, 32"Drive82.1108209
1690034Rotary Snow Thrower, 32"Drive110.1108514

Reactions: MARK (LI)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oops, I meant 616 Yeoman. The information is still correct.

·
6,990 Posts
I was actually thinking of the AC 616..those Yeomans were cool little pieces of machinery...I would call Jack's in the morning

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It took a 79" belt from me trying many different sizes and I see now the information was posted here,,but I didnt see it until now.
I also have a simplicity snow blade(pictured) that I do not know what it belongs to.
And does anyone know how to wrap the rope for the snowblower deflector chute?? A handle turns and wraps the rope up turning the chute in different directions. I cant get it to wrap correctly so the chute moves all the way inn each direction.

Attachments

·
6,990 Posts
I don't think the rope is OEM...I believe it was originally a cable...but if it is not going all the way, the range of travel is being restricted by the length of the rope......it has to be longer to pay out more and causes the chute to turn as you manually turn the handle...the more rope...the more it can turn

·
Registered
472 Posts
You need more wraps on the control rod. Here is a pic of my blower - similar but works the same, and instruction sheet for the setup.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm guessing your snow blade is from an old walk-behind tractor

·
Registered
472 Posts
Something like this...
Although I am not sure what the handle is for, since the walk behind blade would be solid mounted and lifted by tilting the tractor's handlebars. My dad had a two-wheeled trailer for his walk behind that you could sit on to drive. In that case, the handle might be used as a foot-operated lift??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts