My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DougDog
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friends I recently took ownership a new to me 5216.5. I have another simplicity hydro. This thing is fairly beefy. It has a recently rebulit 18 hp briggs twin. I have ran it around the yard a few times and other than needing a new drive belt the only other thing I can see wrong is that when you slide the hydro lever down it will vibrate back up fairly fast. I got this thing for a song. My friends dad gave me one of the elcheapo 70 cc china dirt bikes and a g:thThumbsU:trink40::bannana::Tractor2:uy I know just had to have it. The tractor is in good shape and came with a perfect condition 50 inch deck. I am useing the other simp as a garden tractor but it is a lawn tractor and the tranny aint gonna last to much longer with the abuse I am doing to it. I have already fabed up a winch powed sleeve hitch for it. My questions are simple is this thing tough enough to pull a plow in the spring and push snow in the winter. It has the heft. I am just wondering if it is just a glorified lawn tractor or could it be considered a garden tractor? Also what can I do to keep the hydro lever in position? As soon as I figure out how I will post some pics. Any info would be great. I went to the simplicity web sight to get a owners man. And they do not recognize my model number. Thanks guys This is a great sight! Also If anyone is near southeast missouri and would like to do some swapping for the deck, let me know. I have plenty of lawn mowers this one is going to be used as a work horse.

·
{This Space Available}
1,549 Posts
1) it is a beefed up LT -- kind of an in-between. Pushing snow is no problem -- it will perform quote nicely. As far as pulling a plow, it was not really designed for that use. Take a look at how the aluminum axle mounts to the frame -- just a couple of U-bolts into the tin frame box. Not much durability there for ground engaging.

2) Try these number in the Simplicity manual site. 1691234, 1691235, 1691473

3) The hydro lever tension can be adjusted. This manual tells you how on page 28:
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/document/index.cfm?doc=TP_100_3431_00_LT_S_LO.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts