My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Simplicity brand sickle bar mower I planned to convert to use on a cub cadet but have lost interest in doing so. What is one worth? Its complete with the undercarriage belt drive kit. I'm not for sure what model of tractor it originally came on.

:wwp: Pictures to follow... :sorry1:

·
Registered
773 Posts
They made a couple of different models. One for the older center pto drives and one for the newer cone clutch pto. If you could post a picture of it we could possibly give a little better idea.

:banghead3 Oops ... just reread your post about pictures to follow. :banghead3

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks to be in pretty decent shape. That model was built for the B series A/C garden tractors. It should fit any of the B-1 thru the B-212 series as well as the Simplicity models 700 thru the 3200 series of Landlords. All of these are known as the foot dragger models that came without running boards, used the center PTO without the cone clutch.

The first models had a lift handle. The model that followed the lift handle has a cable that was attached to the mower lift. There should be a bracket and pulley that goes with the cable.

Pricing on these in this area range from $150 - $350 with a few topping out at $500, depending upon completeness, mechanical condition, and knife sections & guards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your wisdom. Does anyone have pictures of a complete one? I would like to see what I'm missing. Thanks

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I believe this would have been a cable lift model due to the large spring and the style of pitman arm. You're missing the swathboard and divider rod as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts