My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,128 Posts
Yeah I think side bagging would work better for that model of mower. I need to get that set up for my 70's bricks. I didn't know that you could still buy the green and white lawnboy bags with the green chute. Looks like a good price to!

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Yeah, compared to most I see on Ebay that's a good price. However there are "used" ones that come up on Ebay, there's a couple at least on there now, that you may be able to pick up cheaper. If you are wanting to keep the integrity of the model year of mower and bag combo as it was from the factory you can even find those too! I had one, a white chute and the bag that was specifically for the year of my 7263. I had it in my watch list and they ended the auction like 3 days early because no one had bid on it! I was mad!

As for the blade... I'd like to see some side by side comparison of the gator blade versus the tri-cut. Not just the visual "this blade appears to have more lift". I've never found that to be the case, the gator blades do NOT have as much lift as a solid lift blade, usually. Because of their "notched" lift it creates turbulance under the deck, not everything is being forced in the same direction with the gator blade. They are really intended for mulching and leaf shreadding.

My experience with them is from trying them on Dixon, Grasshopper, and Walker mowers. I was dissatified with the results I got on all of them with the gators. Just not enough lift from the blades to produce a clean cut. However, these are commercial mowers that have "hi-lift" blades that have considerably more lift than a normal 21" mower blade.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I only run side bags and i always bag. Its much better than the rear baggers, sure it might be a little smaller but its much easier to empty and take off...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only run side bags and i always bag. Its much better than the rear baggers.

That is what I like to hear. When I am looking to bag I want it to pick up something and not clog. I think I may try my local ace/truvalue to see if I can get one there and support my local shop and possibly avoid some shipping.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts