My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was looking at the thread of the Suburban with the Sickle Bar mowing the Buckwheat and was wondering if anyone has fabricated a 3 Pt Hitch for the GT 6000?

Also, has anyone adapted a Sickle Bar on a GT 6000?

I have 2 old full size Sickle Bars that I was thinking of cutting one down in length and trying to put on my GT 6000 and would like to not have to reinvent the wheel if someone else has done it or find out ahead of time it isn't worth doing.

I also have an old trailer type plow that I was thinking of adapting for the 6000.

Has anyone made a 3 pt hitch assembly for the 6000 for putting on such attachments? Were the ones on the Suburban manual or hydraulic?

I apologize if these sound like stupid questions but I am new to Garden Tractors and don't have a clue.

Thanks in Advance:thanku:

Dave

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Hello all,

I was looking at the thread of the Suburban with the Sickle Bar mowing the Buckwheat and was wondering if anyone has fabricated a 3 Pt Hitch for the GT 6000?

Also, has anyone adapted a Sickle Bar on a GT 6000?

I have 2 old full size Sickle Bars that I was thinking of cutting one down in length and trying to put on my GT 6000 and would like to not have to reinvent the wheel if someone else has done it or find out ahead of time it isn't worth doing.

I also have an old trailer type plow that I was thinking of adapting for the 6000.

Has anyone made a 3 pt hitch assembly for the 6000 for putting on such attachments? Were the ones on the Suburban manual or hydraulic?

I apologize if these sound like stupid questions but I am new to Garden Tractors and don't have a clue.

Thanks in Advance:thanku:

Dave
Well, for starters, welcome to MTF. The GT6000s have more then enough power to serve a sickle mower. So, I dont see why you couldn't make one. And a 3 pt? The ones on the suburbans where electric and manual. I think there have been a few that have made a hydro 3 pt for a suburban. But I dont suggest buying and using a sears 3 pt, though it would mount up. Sears made the 3 pt for ONLY sears implements.
But, since they dont make them anymore, I suggest you build your own. because the sears 3pts wont work with today's cat O attachments.
Good luck.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Or you could try a electric sleeve hitch from johhny bucket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts