My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Mopping out the last of the hydraulic oil in my mf50 for a fluid and filter change and found this! can't see inside enough to tell where it's from. If anyone has any guesses before I pull the top to look.

welcome to MTF...you are in the right forum for a question about a MF.....but would you mind stopping in at https://www.mytractorforum.com/forums/introductions.72/
it is our Introduction forum...tell us a little about yourself and your equipment I am pretty sure that someone will chime in to help you out , just that Monday mornings are not a high traffic time for the site

Professional Homeowner
Was everything functioning correctly before this discovery?
It definitely looks like parts of a casting that shouldn鈥檛 be broken.
Could be that they are just superficial pieces related to the manufacturing process, like a boss to draw out shrink when cooling. Maybe they broke off when someone bumped them when doing a previous repair.
It鈥檚 possible they鈥檝 Been in there for years and years. Probably best they鈥檙e out of there, though. Depending on where they were, they could have gotten jammed in between gears or something and did major damage if the tractor was at an extreme angle or hit a bump just right.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
the pieces look for sure like they have been there a while. Pretty sure they are indeed cast. Hydraulic pump was replaced at dealer 30 years ago, no one has been inside since. Hydraulics were not performing well, fluid about half water thus the current service work.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
She sat outside a lot so a combination of condensation and rainwater running down through rotted out shifter boots

1 - 8 of 8 Posts