My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my flywheel off today and i thought i would show off my work =P

Everyone likes seeing pictures anyways :thThumbsU

The engine is a Tecumseh OH140 160016A and after many hours of work, i got every single piece of the engine apart. I'm doing a full resto on the tractor and i am planning on giving the engine a complete rebuild/repaint too- I was really happy to see how clean the cylendar was- almost no scratches in it ($100 less out of my pocket)! So heres the finished dissasembly of this 25 year old engine from an early 80's Bolens G14.

Attachments

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Are those Timken bearings on the crank? Nice pics!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish i knew what kind of bearings they are, sorry, all i know is that they are obviously tapered roller bearings.

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
That's ok, I asked because they sure look like the old Timken bearing I found a while ago, now I wish I knew what it went to :ROF

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, looking good. Keep us updated with more pics as you progress through the restoration. Thanks

·
I LOVE Garden Tractors!!!
1,799 Posts
So heres the finished dissasembly of this 25 year old engine from an early 80's Bolens G14.

Hey looking good. Add another 5-10 years to the age though. Your G14 should be from 1975-1977 with that serial number on the motor. We would love to see pics of the rest of the machine.

I am PMing you with a link so you can ID the year. Good luck with the resto. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Guys,
Yes,those are Timken bearings on that crank. When that engine was new it would had a decal showing that it had Tinken roller bearings in it.
Most of the castiron Tecumseh engines from the HH100 to the OVH 18 had those bearings in them.
Dave

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys,
Yes,those are Timken bearings on that crank. When that engine was new it would had a decal showing that it had Tinken roller bearings in it.
Most of the castiron Tecumseh engines from the HH100 to the OVH 18 had those bearings in them.
Dave

DLF In is right, those are Timken bearings. Here's a pic:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts