My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter season is at the door and many of us prepare our tractor for it.

As we do, we can not forget about safety.
Snow duty is often at night after work or early in the morning, so it's a good think to be see in the dark, many accident can be avoid simply with installing warning light.

So, show your installation with brief descriptions.

I'll start. :)

004.JPG 007.JPG

Sans titre 2.jpg Warning.jpg

Everything comes from eBay, the side markers are LED and the beacon is Xenon light.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
I made this out of a piece of stainless for the platform, attached a rear work light and the strobe to it. Drilled holes in the stainless to match up where the holes are on the rear of the tractor that were for attaching a sun shade and secure it with bolts through them. I wired them separately and they plug into my AC outlet on the tractor. I use a double AC outlet adapter so I can use one light or both if needed. Installation and removal is a snap :).

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Best safety light position should be so it can be seen from front, back, and both sides. And, not blinding the tractor driver while the light is in operation.
In other words, above the driver's head, ie on a cab roof or roll over system.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made this out of a piece of stainless for the platform, attached a rear work light and the strobe to it. Drilled holes in the stainless to match up where the holes are on the rear of the tractor that were for attaching a sun shade and secure it with bolts through them. I wired them separately and they plug into my AC outlet on the tractor. I use a double AC outlet adapter so I can use one light or both if needed. Installation and removal is a snap :).

Nice set up Jim. :fing32:

Best safety light position should be so it can be seen from front, back, and both sides. And, not blinding the tractor driver while the light is in operation.
In other words, above the driver's head, ie on a cab roof or roll over system.
Yes of course the best position is at the higher point but like Jim set up, he cover is rear end at less, and is better than nothing at all.:)

Who's next? :D

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
I am putting the triangle on the back and maby some taillights.
smv-1.jpg

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
Here is a pic of my revolving light on the Power King ....I unhook my headlight and tail light outside of the winter season but keep my revolving light for when I Cross the road to my garden lot. As you can see this light shows up quite well.

Winter season is at the door and many of us prepare our tractor for it.

As we do, we can not forget about safety.

Attachments

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a pic of my revolving light on the Power King ....I unhook my headlight and tail light outside of the winter season but keep my revolving light for when I Cross the road to my garden lot. As you can see this light shows up quite well.
What kind of light in it? Halogen, Xenon,,,,

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
well all i have right now is the factory head lights, and tail light. however, i have plans for more. i am getting 2 halogen rear lights, and a SMV triangle. reflective plow marker things

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Well, maybe it is a strobe then, hard to tell for sure from the pic, it defintley is bright and should provide you plenty of protection to be seen, thats for sure :fing32:.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts