My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 500 series light is crazy bright.

Just wanted to share what kind of "field testing" I did the other day.

A friend of mine was at my house and we were talking about lights (as I usually am) and he asked how far in real world terms is MobileHID's longest shining light.

Well, a majority of our lighting is designed to light up a lot of area within 80-100 yards so I showed him the 500 series light (which coincidentally is the best value light available at $95 shipped) and shined it off the balcony at another nearby building.

Boy, did it go far!!

We couldn't figure out how far since I didn't know how far the building was but then I remembered an online tool that some of you may be familiar with...

Google Maps!

Yep, the 500 series light can light up things at 1000 feet!

:)

Interested in the 500 series lighting? *Check them out here and don't forget to use the mtf promo code (mtfpromo) to get 15% off!

http://www.mobilehid.com/proddetail.php?prod=500

Enjoy!!

Clifford

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Man .. those will light up the neighborhood while plowing at night :fing32:

Just might have to get a pair of them :praying:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Clifford,

I don't want to sound skeptical, but there is a difference between one persons version of "lit up" and anothers.

I know with Hella's lights, they have a diagram showing the lumen outputs over the range of the light in question.

Do you have additional material that shows this kind of detail? Also the difference between narrow beam and work beams?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hiya,

I agree there is always a difference between how one person defines "lit up". Let me clarify the beam pattern and the range. The beam pattern of the 500 is a narrow trapezoid and is designed to direct a majority of the light straight out. It would be perfect for lining up your machine when making the turn to go down the field. Other than that, sorry, no diagram.

You're more than welcome to try one out and if you don't like it, ship it back and we'll refund your money. Thus far, we haven't had any returns since it's such a great price for the amount of light it puts out.

The wider beam pattern lighting we offer like the 512sw and 400 is ideal for a tractor / combine / moving machinery. We've been selling lights for years and have never had someone return one claiming it wasn't what they needed.

Thanks!

Clifford

1 - 4 of 4 Posts