My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I placed my order Friday, December 9th, and I received my lights today, the 19th. I'll spare the full details until I can complete the install and do a complete review of the lights.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I ordered three of these 4" round lamps for my 318 and they arrived last week so i could play with them. l plan to mount two up front and one on the rear. They are very well made and soo bright they make the OME look like candles. I am quite pleased but have to wait until the weekend to finish the project. :-(
:thanku:
Glad to hear you like the lights. How did the project turn out?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Clifford, can you tell us who manufactures these lights? I got mine installed, haven't had the chance to get any good pictures yet.
56fordguy-

Glad you got the lights, sorry for the delay in getting them to you. I unfortunately don't know who manufacturers the lights. All I know is we write the specifications for what we need like power requirements, size limitations, operational temperature range, wire lengths, etc and our product manager takes care of the rest.

Thanks and have a great New Years.

Clifford

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Shop Teacher & Proud Dad
243 Posts
Definitely worth the money and the wait!

first photo is headlights only. From another vendor I purchased 1156/7 LED bulbs to cut down on power consumption. I knew that most of the time the blade would cover the lights, especially when up.

Next is the front light. I have it positioned a little down. As you can see in a later photo, if it is tilted up, it can light 100-150ft of my driveway.

Rear photo light, and some of tractor with light on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
thetaxman - glad you received them and successfully installed them. Did you end up mounting them on top of the cab like tooldad or using the back plates to mount them on a vertical surface?

·
kenputer
14 Posts
That sounds nice! What kind of solar panel and battery did you use?
I took the housing from a street light and mounted the light inside,made a brackett to hold the 40 watt solar panel which charges a 74 amphr 12 volt gell cell battery. This runs through a solar control and when the control detects a voltage lower then 5 volts from the solar panel it powers up the light and then when sun comes up and the controller detects more the 5 volts from the solar panel it turns the light off.
How do I put a pic. here?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I took the housing from a street light and mounted the light inside,made a brackett to hold the 40 watt solar panel which charges a 74 amphr 12 volt gell cell battery. This runs through a solar control and when the control detects a voltage lower then 5 volts from the solar panel it powers up the light and then when sun comes up and the controller detects more the 5 volts from the solar panel it turns the light off.
How do I put a pic. here?
Very nice! :) I'm not sure how to post a picture other than displaying it from somewhere else on the web. If you need help, we can host the image for you on our hosting account so you can reference it here.

Email it to [email protected] and we'll send you the link so you can add it in your next post.

Thanks!

Clifford

·
Registered
71 Posts
thetaxman - glad you received them and successfully installed them. Did you end up mounting them on top of the cab like tooldad or using the back plates to mount them on a vertical surface?
just replaced the ones on top of cab , for the rear i had to use a different bracket i had made up . i told you the issue i was having with clearance for nut .:thanku:

101 - 120 of 133 Posts