My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So when I was growing up, there were a few days out of each month where everyone would have a chance to go up with a prop and do some public speaking in the form of "Show and Tell". I always liked this because it was fun sharing the wonderful things with friends.

Well, fast forward several decades and here I am again. It's "Show and Tell" day today and I'm going to introduce you to an LED work light that will do several things to make your lives easier:

1) It will increase the light output of your light duty machines over your traditional halogen lights. We tested one and gently lit up a building ~200 feet away.

2) It will use only a FRACTION of the amperage your current halogen lights use thereby allowing you to add SEVERAL more lights to your machine! The power draw is 1.3A on a 12v system. On a 24v system, .74A!

3) It will widen the beam pattern that you are used to and allow you to see things ahead of you right up until you're on top of it. Although a majority of the light is focused forward, it will cast light approximately across 140 degrees.

4) And last but not least, it'll likely outlast your current machine and with their expected life of 30,000 operational hours, you'll likely be transferring them to your next machine.

Here are some photographs of the units:

Here are the specifications:

Dimensions: 4" round
Beam Distance: ~200ft
Beam Pattern: Flood
Current Draw: 1.3A @ 12v and .74A @ 24v
Construction: Waterproof Diecast Aluminum
Service Life: 30,000 hours

The introductory price for January: $54.99

Your MTF Promo price after your 15% discount: $46.74 SHIPPED!

Just use the promotional code "mtfpromo" when checking out to get 15% off your ENTIRE order!

You can order our new 4" LED light here.

Thanks!

Clifford

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hamman,

The special price will be good until the end of January. As a member here on MTF, you will always enjoy a 15% discount by simply entering in "mtfpromo" during the checkout process.

Thanks!

Clifford

·
Hangin' out with friends
114 Posts
Clifford:

I'm looking to add some lighting to my new snowcab on my Simplicity Regent. It only has a 9amp alternator, so these look ideal. Will two or three of them draw too much from my system?

Bob

Here's the unit with the cab....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bob,

These LED lights would work well for your application. The amp draw on these is only 1.3 a per light so you could run 3 for a 3.9a draw and still draw fewer amps than a 55w halogen bulb (55w/12v= 4.58a).

I'm not sure how many amps your machine may normally use during operation but if it's not many, you could probably run 4 or more.

Thanks!

Clifford

·
Hangin' out with friends
114 Posts
Thanks, Clifford. What's the actual light output for these? How to they compare to traditional work lights in coverage area, etc.?

I do quite a bit of snowblowing in the pre-dawn & late evening hours, so I'm looking to augment the factory headlights on the work area.

Bob

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Bob,

Light output is around 1500 lumens. Not sure how they would compare to your work lights in coverage area because I don't know what you beam pattern / coverage looks like but these are designed to be a flood but they can still project light quite far.

Thanks!

Clifford

·
Hangin' out with friends
114 Posts
Thaks, Clifford. Just ordered 4 of them.

Bob

·
Hangin' out with friends
114 Posts
Thanks, Clifford.

We have another 8" of white, fluffy stuff predicted for tonight/tomorrow, so we'll see how fast they get here.;) I'll post pics once they're on the cab.

Bob

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do you know who manufactures the actual led ? I am a little skeptical about the rating of 1500 lumens, that seems really high for 6 leds drawing a total of 1300mA.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good question Chris.

6 LEDs running at roughly 3 watts each with an efficiency of 80-85 lumens per watt = 1440-1500 lumens.

I am unaware of the manufacturer however having been in the light business for 4 years and offering various levels of quality lighting on several websites, I know a good value product when I see it. We're not in the light business to try to sell junk, we offer great products at great prices with hopes that our customers will come back and spread the word about our business.

Search around and you'll see that this is a good value and even a sweeter deal after your MTF promo coupon code.

Thanks!

Clifford

(I'm posting this from my phone so please excuse any misspellings. The screen is only so big. :) )

·
Registered
685 Posts
Please do not take offense! I was not suggesting that your are selling junk I was just suprised by the numbers. Things change so fast with LED's lately it is amazing.

·
10,681 Posts
Well, this offer was too good to refuse:

Thank you for your purchase !

We will be in contact as soon as possible.

Order ID: 707

I look forward to receiving the light. It shall be used as a rear light on a 1972 Homelite garden tractor.

Location in pink.
deck redo4 0075.jpg

deck redo4 001.jpg

I will do a write-up on the light once it is installed. Along with pictures, of course. :fing32:

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Well, this offer was too good to refuse:

Order ID: 707

I look forward to receiving the light. It shall be used as a rear light on a 1972 Homelite garden tractor.

Location in pink.

I will do a write-up on the light once it is installed. Along with pictures, of course. :fing32:
Well if your buying a set ,, then so am I :trink39:

Order ID: 708

·
Josh
425 Posts
Guys,
There is a place near where I live that sells these same lights. I've seen them in person and they are VERY bright with a good range. Also, the price you can get them for here is about $20 cheaper per light than what I've seen them sold for. They are a good quality light and you won't be let down when you fire them up for the first time.

Thanks for offering the discount.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Guys,
There is a place near where I live that sells these same lights. I've seen them in person and they are VERY bright with a good range. Also, the price you can get them for here is about $20 cheaper per light than what I've seen them sold for. They are a good quality light and you won't be let down when you fire them up for the first time.

Thanks for offering the discount.
Thanks for your input .. :thanku:

Good to know they are bright .. I can't wait to get mine .. and hook them up for night snow plowing :fing32:

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just bought 2 for work lights on my goose neck trailer, will get photos when mounted!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts