My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have an older ATV for sale and have a buyer at $1300. He said if I was interested, he had a 2014 JD X320 with 200 hours on it and would be willing to trade it straight up. The tractor looks real clean, but I have a JD318 (thats already too big for my yard) and the addition of the X320 would mainly be for small use, and likely a sale down the road (as the 318 won't leave!). So - would you take a trade for an X320 or is that a "meh" price and I should just take the cash?

·
Citizen of Earth
15,668 Posts
It depends on what you had planned beforehand to use the money on. If the cash was to satisfy a need or a deep want, then take the cash. If you had no specific plans for the money and a second tractor makes you happy, then I'd make the trade. Speaking for myself, I'd take the money because I have no need for another tractor and no space to store one. I'm guessing you can store this where your ATV used to "live".

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The X320 is better than the X300. $1300 for an X300 in good condition is an okay price. For an X320, it would be better, but condition and location matter. It doesn't appear to have been abused, but it is sometimes hard to tell. Do you want another lawnmower?

·
Jerk of all trades
303 Posts
Your asking the wrong guys...look @ most sigs... count how many GT each have .

·
Super Moderator
35,305 Posts
I would want to test it thoroughly and especially mow up some slopes to make sure the hydro is working properly. Check air cleaner and oil as they give you an idea of how good maintenance is on it. If in good running condition then I would say worth $1,200, but do you need it or does it put you in the situation of having to take more time and energy out of your schedule to sell it? If I were in your situation I'd take the cash and let him handle selling the X320.

·
Registered
637 Posts
X320 in my area in good shape with low hours are listed between $2000-2500. Not sure what they are actually selling for, but they are disappearing. So I assume that's a good ballpark estimate

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
go here: Used Lawn & Garden Tractors For Sale - John Deere MachineFinder
use the filters and you will see there are many X320s for sale across the country ($500 to $4500). That is a very wide range. Some are over-priced, but you should still be able to get an idea of what one is worth. A lot of it depends on the condition. Just looking at the once picture, it looks like it is in about average condition. But, it is nearly impossible to tell (by looking at it) if the transaxle is in good shape or is starting to show signs of wear/failure. Same thing for the engine. 200 hours is not a lot, so it should be in fine shape, unless it has really been abused.

·
Money Pit
747 Posts
The X320 was about $5,000 new. With only 200 hours and the hood is good your golden. They drive like a Caddy. Resale in my area $2,500. Now what is the Quad you have?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
For around here, I'd say X3xx machines are more like $2,000 or over, on Craigslist. So it would seem to probably a good value, if you cleaned it up, you might be able to sell it for more than $1,300. But that depends on its actual condition, and you still need to find a buyer.

Curious, what would the incentive be to have the X320 around, if you already have a more-capable machine?

·
Registered
25 Posts
$1300 for an X320 is as good deal with only 200 hours if its in good condition. You could turn around and sell it for 1800 or more around here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For around here, I'd say X3xx machines are more like $2,000 or over, on Craigslist. So it would seem to probably a good value, if you cleaned it up, you might be able to sell it for more than $1,300. But that depends on its actual condition, and you still need to find a buyer.

Curious, what would the incentive be to have the X320 around, if you already have a more-capable machine?
I think the bolded part is what resonated last night while sitting around pondering it. I know the 318 is the better machine, and would be the only one that would get used. I'd like a second one - for no reason whatsoever! So ultimately, teh X320 would get sold, and I'd find myself trying to sell it instead of an ATV, so I opted to continue with just cash.

Someone above asked about which ATV it was - it was a 2001 Kawasaki Prairie 300 4x4.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts