My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Husqvarna YTH24K48 with Kohler Courage 24hp engine on it. It has a little less than 300 hours. I have had several problems with it. It has blown both head gaskets already. I have also had problems with the starter, among several smaller problems. I have read that they only last around 750 hours. Also read that a lot of them dont last that long. I am trying to figure out if I should keep it or not. Has anyone had experience and can tell me if the Kohler Courage SV725 is even worth it to be kept? And, if I shouldn't keep it, what would recommend new for under $3K? I have looked at the Toro Timecutter MX5000.

How big is the lawn that you are mowing?...flat or hilly? any other jobs for the tractor?...hauling wood...blowing or plowing snow?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
My lawn is about 1.3 acres. It is somewhat flat. It has the one hill by the ditch. Any heavy work would be done with our garden tractor.

If all you are doing with it is mowing...and your yard is pretty flat, The ZT may be the way to go...but I don't think that particular one has been made in a few years..they are super fast for cutting...I would not blame you if you wanted to stick with a tractor...but depending on what GT you already have....maybe get a deck for it....or get another dedicated GT for cutting...the Huskie had a big engine...but Courages have a questionable reputation and it is a lawn tractor..a GT would give you a stronger chassis and transmission...I have never owned a Huskie tractor ( had one of their snowblowers) but I have seen a lot of bad press on them in the recent past....I would move on

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Our GT does have a deck on it. It is just really slow for mowing. But, it is awesome for pulling stuff and plowing the driveway. I think if we get a new mower we will get a ZT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts