My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Husqvarna YTH24K48 with Kohler Courage 24hp engine on it. It has a little less than 300 hours. I have had several problems with it. It has blown both head gaskets already. I have also had problems with the starter, among several smaller problems. I have read that they only last around 750 hours. Also read that a lot of them dont last that long. I am trying to figure out if I should keep it or not. Has anyone had experience and can tell me if the Kohler Courage SV725 is even worth it to be kept? And, if I shouldn't keep it, what would recommend new for under $3K? I have looked at the Toro Timecutter MX5000.

·
5,786 Posts
How big is the lawn that you are mowing?...flat or hilly? any other jobs for the tractor?...hauling wood...blowing or plowing snow?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My lawn is about 1.3 acres. It is somewhat flat. It has the one hill by the ditch. Any heavy work would be done with our garden tractor.

·
5,786 Posts
If all you are doing with it is mowing...and your yard is pretty flat, The ZT may be the way to go...but I don't think that particular one has been made in a few years..they are super fast for cutting...I would not blame you if you wanted to stick with a tractor...but depending on what GT you already have....maybe get a deck for it....or get another dedicated GT for cutting...the Huskie had a big engine...but Courages have a questionable reputation and it is a lawn tractor..a GT would give you a stronger chassis and transmission...I have never owned a Huskie tractor ( had one of their snowblowers) but I have seen a lot of bad press on them in the recent past....I would move on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our GT does have a deck on it. It is just really slow for mowing. But, it is awesome for pulling stuff and plowing the driveway. I think if we get a new mower we will get a ZT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts