My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I do Skid Steer or should I stick to regular John Deere? Is it more expensive to Skid Steer instead of regular John Deere? Why should I Skid Steer? Should I even entertain this thought? Keep in mind that I am just a “gentleman farmer”.

How do I do Skid Steer for my new 4720? Do I have to order the STEER LOADER ATTACHMENT CARRIER (BW15244) or is there another way?

I assume that the Skid Steer Foundry Bucket 66 in (KV11636) is the equivalent of the regular John Deere Heavy-duty Bucket 61 in (BW14764)? Am I correct?

I assume that the Skid Steer Scrap Grapples 60 in (7870T) is the equivalent of the regular John Deere Debris Grapple Bucket 60 in (AL1560H)? Am I correct?

I assume that the Skid Steer Rail Pallet Forks 48 in (0253KV) is the equivalent of the regular John Deere Pallet Forks 48 in (AL1240F)? Am I correct?

Please educate me.

Thank you.
Regards,
FRIZ

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Fritz,

A skid steer is an entirely different kind of machine. They are very capable and maneuverable machines with gazillions of standardized attachments available. You won't be mowing with one though. Some tractors will accept skid steer attachments. :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Fritz,

I think then you're pretty close with the above comparisons. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts