My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting near the end of the 455 project. I have to finish hooking up the lights and stuff. She will be ready by the time the serious snow starts coming down. I was thinking about maybe installing a radio in the cab, nothing real fancy, all I really need is AM-FM and Weather Band. I know there are a few guys here with radios installed in their cabs, how do you like them? Any cool installation ideas? Considering the noise level of a 455 working a snowblower,
is it even worth the effort? If anyone is using something other than a car stereo, like a portable radio or a work radio, (Milwaukee, Makita, Dewalt) please let me know how you like it. Thanks.

·
Registered
338 Posts
When mowing with my 455 or bushing hogging with the big tractor, I use earphones with built in AM-FM radio. Protects your hearing and brings music above the noise.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I just use my Ipod with ear buds. Cabs can get pretty noisy so I use large ear muffs over my ears and ear buds. I think with a radio inside you would have to crank it up pretty loud. A good way to check would be with a jobsite radio if you have one to see how you like it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would go with ear-muff style headphones. Cuts down background noise, makes it easier to hear your tunes, and helps keep the ears warm.:thThumbsU

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
I would go with ear-muff style headphones. Cuts down background noise, makes it easier to hear your tunes, and helps keep the ears warm.:thThumbsU
:ditto: and protects your hearing to boot!!:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
954 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yeah, That's what I use.
Okay guys, these are what I use and they get terrible reception. I have to actually keep my head turned in a north south orientation to get any kind of reception. If I face any other direction all I get is static. It is very annoying. Does any one else have this problem or did I get a lemon?

·
Premium Member
10,574 Posts
Okay guys, these are what I use and they get terrible reception. I have to actually keep my head turned in a north south orientation to get any kind of reception. If I face any other direction all I get is static. It is very annoying. Does any one else have this problem or did I get a lemon?
:ditto: on the reception problem. One of my winter projects is to add an external telescopeing antenna to mine to see if it helps.

I'll make a thread in the hobbie section when I get to it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I guess it depends on how far away the station is. I'm only about 20 miles from the station I listen to, so I get good reception. There is an all metal building I have gone in while wearing mine that causes them to get static.

·
Light Saber Warrior
448 Posts
i'd get a CB radio, then you could communicate with all your neighbors while they're out plowing/blowing too! yee haw breaker niner!

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
I thought about getting a radio for my 2305 and decided against it since the diesel is music to my ears and it also lets me know if it's running right:trink40: slkpk

·
Deceased as of 06 February 2021
2,076 Posts
My CC2146 has a radio/tape player mounted under the seat. If you want to hear it, you have to plug in the headphone!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,970 Posts
I install a car radio in my cab, listening to it when the tractor is running is annoying more then anything, it was good to listen when you work outside and the tractor was near by and not running.

I took it off this year because I did not really use it anyway, honestly I install it more for the cool thing of it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I install a car radio in my cab, listening to it when the tractor is running is annoying more then anything, it was good to listen when you work outside and the tractor was near by and not running.

I took it off this year because I did not really use it anyway, honestly I install it more for the cool thing of it.
And you have a lot of Cool on your tractor.:fing32:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.