My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was very pleasant. I got the newly acquired click n go weight bracket on the Deere X585 with 4 suitcase weights and went to work on the driveway for a job well done. I then failed at performing an oil change, and put off changing the Johnny Bucket for the 54" 4-way blade. I also put off taking the mower deck off of the X748 and replacing it with the 47 blower.

This morning I woke up to an unpredicted 1/2" of sleet in the driveway, with a little snow predicted at the end of this cold rain Nor'Easter we are suffering. The next storm (Wednesday) is also supposed to be rain, but I feel I'm living on borrowed time, and Old Man Winter is looking at his watch. The winter gear goes on this long weekend, hopefully before we get four feet of partly cloudy.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yeah, it's horrible out there now at only in the mid 50's, but it is sunny. The week ahead does look promising with that partly cloudy and temps in the 70's & 80's.:tango_face_smile_bi

Get to do some more manual land clearing.

·
Super Moderator
11,123 Posts
Yup, it's just a matter of (not much) time now. We even had a few snow flakes during the cold snap here on Long Island. My cousin, and his wife live in North Conway NH, so I'm sure you know what they've been getting.:snowing:

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
We've been having an early winter here also. Several minor snowfalls already and below normal temps. My gutters need one more cleaning and I have a yard full of leaves. My tractor is still set up for leaf vacuuming but unfortunately I'm down for the count and have been since last Sunday. Bad sinus infection, sore throat. Bad cough and earaches. I'm on antibiotics and cough meds with codeine and bed rest. Fever broke Thirsday night but still feel very fatigued. The leaves may have to stay till spring but I can't even get out right now and get everything ready for winter.

·
Premium Member
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've been having an early winter here also. Several minor snowfalls already and below normal temps. My gutters need one more cleaning and I have a yard full of leaves. My tractor is still set up for leaf vacuuming but unfortunately I'm down for the count and have been since last Sunday. Bad sinus infection, sore throat. Bad cough and earaches. I'm on antibiotics and cough meds with codeine and bed rest. Fever broke Thirsday night but still feel very fatigued. The leaves may have to stay till spring but I can't even get out right now and get everything ready for winter.
Wish I was closer to help.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,870 Posts
Steve, good luck on getting ready. I just got blower, chains and weights on my 110. Snow mixed with rain right now.
KW, hope you get better.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Wish I was closer to help.
I wish you were too. Appreciate the gesture.

I have 3 adult kids but everyone is very busy. They are all supposed to be here for Thanksgiving dinner so maybe one of them will feel sorry for me. Lol!

·
Administrator
4,921 Posts
We had a good 6 inch dump here a week or so ago. I was prepared, got it all cleaned up. Even made a dog walking path around the yard for the wife. Been warmer ever since and its just about all melted today, still only about 35F, but sunny. Even raked a few leaves that I missed before the snow came.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,422 Posts
Steve, we're supposed to get a snow on Thanksgiving weekend and I have the blade mounted already. I do have to finish putting the doors and skirting on the cab though. Sorta been procrastinating on it!

·
Administrator
13,726 Posts
Physically, I'm (the BX is) ready for snow, but mentally, not so much. Woke up to about an inch of slush and rain that eventually washed it away. Is it almost spring yet? :1221:

Hope you feel better, Larry.

·
That Guy
1,000 Posts
Ugh. I can definitely understand that. Every day I've thought to take the deck off the Cub and put on the blower I would find something more enjoyable to do, lol. Now we've got snow coming. Yesterday I got the deck off, and put on the pulley frame. Getting the belt on the PTO is such a pain in the rear. Now I've got to put the blower on, but that's easy enough.

I'm not ready for winter lol.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Yuck!!! What is that white stuff all over in them pictures?

Tilled the garden two weeks ago, that brush in the background is my latest project to remove so I'll have more to mow year round.

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
(For a) different POV - here in FL the cooler weather is welcome after the long summer we had. (Missed the fall tho.)

·
Premium Member
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate being right all the time. The long range forecast now calls for 6+" for Sunday into Monday.

·
Premium Member
9,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish you were too. Appreciate the gesture.

I have 3 adult kids but everyone is very busy. They are all supposed to be here for Thanksgiving dinner so maybe one of them will feel sorry for me. Lol!
Before I had the permanent shed next to the driveway this is how I got my 10'x20' temporary shed moved twice a year. Once out to the tree line in the Spring, and then, on Thanksgiving, up next to the driveway. Six posts, six people. My recommendation is you corral the help and do the job before dinner!

·
Parts collector
2,884 Posts
Planning on putting the snowblower on the 332 on T-day. We had our first snow Sat here but it's gone now i was in the mountains so no worries. LOL......... :tango_face_devil:

I really need to figure out why the 300 is not getting spark so i have a plow too and not just the blower. We will see.

·
4 acres of fun!
124 Posts
I just got done with my first snow-blowing of the season. About 7" of wet, heavy snow on top of an unfrozen gravel driveway. My favorite! To avoid digging in to the gravel, I adjust the blower height via the hydraulics to give about 3 - 4 inches of clearance. Not a clean end result, but it beats digging ruts into the soft gravel and blowing chunks!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Just reading you all sends those shivers! Before the quick rain showers today, I was contemplating turning the air conditioning on as it was nearing 80. But after the rain showers, we are in the lower 70's.

·
Premium Member
9,605 Posts
Yesterday was very pleasant. I got the newly acquired click n go weight bracket on the Deere X585 with 4 suitcase weights and went to work on the driveway for a job well done. I then failed at performing an oil change, and put off changing the Johnny Bucket for the 54" 4-way blade. I also put off taking the mower deck off of the X748 and replacing it with the 47 blower.

This morning I woke up to an unpredicted 1/2" of sleet in the driveway, with a little snow predicted at the end of this cold rain Nor'Easter we are suffering. The next storm (Wednesday) is also supposed to be rain, but I feel I'm living on borrowed time, and Old Man Winter is looking at his watch. The winter gear goes on this long weekend, hopefully before we get four feet of partly cloudy.
Hear ya Steve!! couldn't take the chance up here in Cow Hampshire................. READY

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts