My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 1948 Baird Beaver lever steer, hand clutch tractor. The seat back is not original but makes it so nice to drive. Its actually an old Wheel Horse piece. Will need to restore that. Thought you guys might enjoy. :fing32:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dmjqoQNYN4

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Real nice machine, Matt. The Beaver graphics look great. How do you like the tiller?
The tiller is cool. It keeps you on your toes! A little dangerous, but you just have to pay attention to what you're doing.

I repro the decals in red and yellow. (hint-hint :) They're on 3M vinyl.

·
That there's worth fixin'
1,892 Posts
Very nice one! Must be one of the first ones. I have a 1952 with the foot clutch. Also have bottom plow, cultivator and front blade for it. It pulls harder than any other small tractor I have.

Am I right in assuming that the red lever on the left side is the implement lift? Mine has the lift in front of the driver.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice one! Must be one of the first ones. I have a 1952 with the foot clutch. Also have bottom plow, cultivator and front blade for it. It pulls harder than any other small tractor I have.

Am I right in assuming that the red lever on the left side is the implement lift? Mine has the lift in front of the driver.
1948 is the first year they were built, so yeah this is one of the earliest ones. The red lever on the left is actually a very rare optional foot brake. It's just a band brake that wraps around the left rear hub and you engage it by pushing down on the lever with your foot.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Neat old tractor! It looks, and sounds nice too. I'm guessing a Wisconsin engine?
Yeah it's a Wisconsin. It runs great. First pull every time. I just sold it actually. Its being picked up the second week of May and headed to Missouri.

·
long time lurker.....
135 Posts
I know its an old thread and u have since sold yours.....

BUT,
I have a single speed 1955, and I'm looking for belt info or diagrams.
I'm a member of a yahoo group but it seems they dont really answer your question they just shrug it off and tell you to check there photo section and prev. posts:banghead3
I've searched through there site for almost three days and I have only found two actual discussions about belt sizes with answers.....
I bought a 60" for the drive and a 24" for the motor..... as listed.
but they seem to big and that leads me to believe I have them routed wrong..

Can you help ??
or direct me to someplace that can ??

Thanks

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know its an old thread and u have since sold yours.....

BUT,
I have a single speed 1955, and I'm looking for belt info or diagrams.
I'm a member of a yahoo group but it seems they dont really answer your question they just shrug it off and tell you to check there photo section and prev. posts:banghead3
I've searched through there site for almost three days and I have only found two actual discussions about belt sizes with answers.....
I bought a 60" for the drive and a 24" for the motor..... as listed.
but they seem to big and that leads me to believe I have them routed wrong..

Can you help ??
or direct me to someplace that can ??

Thanks
Email me directly. I have a name for you. This guy can help you out.
Thanks,
Matt
[email protected]

·
long time lurker.....
135 Posts
Email me directly. I have a name for you. This guy can help you out.
Thanks,
Matt
[email protected]
Hey Matt,
I sent an E-mail just a few minutes after your post here........but have not got anything in return..
maybe it went to a spam folder or just didn't come through, So in that case
please E-mail me;

[email protected]

Thanks'
Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.