My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Passed Away, Sept. 2013
183 Posts
Thanks for the video, Ken. Not too familiar with blowers so I appreciate the education on the down pressure, dual stages, and the chute rotation - all self evidence in the vid. Now I'll be able to more fully understand future disussions on the subject. The snow in Waupaca has been duly cautioned. Happy blowin'.

Bryan

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Thanks for sharing and the tractor is looking great. slkpk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too familiar with blowers so I appreciate the education on the down pressure
Bryan

Thanks for the kind comments on the Video guys!

I did go cheap on the control valve when I first set-up this blower. I used a single spool valve with return to center with no float position. Big mistake! I do plan on changing my backblade over to hydraulic angle next summer. I will then add a two spool valve with one spool having float function. It takes a lot of fineness to keep from raising or losing traction on the front tires as the blower goes over uneven surfaces.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Very nice video! Great to see you in action. Now where is the snow? Maybe you can get some pillows from your wife for a nice simulation...

:howdy:

:trink39:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Nice vid. Guess you have the PTO safety switch bi-passed? Or did the B7100s not have one? Love the throwback look of that old iron, which looks to be in near perfect shape. Have you owned it since new?

·
Super Moderator
33,724 Posts
Nice video and that blower looks like it'll handle most anything ole man winter can throw at it!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice vid. Guess you have the PTO safety switch bi-passed? Or did the B7100s not have one? Love the throwback look of that old iron, which looks to be in near perfect shape. Have you owned it since new?
My tractor which is a 1997 model year was not equipped with a pto safety switch. I also like the older styling of this tractor, and for me it really does work out well when it comes to working/servicing. I have only owned the tractor for a little longer than a year. This will be my second season snowblowing.

Nice video and that blower looks like it'll handle most anything ole man winter can throw at it!
Thanks for the kind comment on my video, likewise on yours! A forum like this gets so much more interesting with pictures and videos IMHO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree,I wouldn't trade my old B71 for anything. I like that when I turn the key it starts. Nothing to look for, and wonder why it won't start this time. Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts