My Tractor Forum banner

Short Term Deere Project

1081 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Deere 332
I guess this goes here. Picked this gem up because it seemed like a good idea at the time. I have no idea what is in store but what ever it is this unit won't stay around long..... But it should be a fun little project. More updates as I dig into it.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
That's a beast! engine good?
I need me one of those! Looks like a neat project Kyle!
That's a beast! engine good?
Runs like a dream. Still trying to solve exactly what engine it has in it. The normal Yanmar tag is missing so it's just a Deere model and serial number. Either way it should be ~31 hp.

It mostly needs so attention to the hydro system and a little cleaning.
I'm almost positive the engine is 22.54HP and the retail price was around $33,000 new and it weighs 2,520LBS.
I'm almost positive the engine is 22.54HP and the retail price was around $33,000 new and it weighs 2,520LBS.
I'm guessing the Tractor Blue Book website is incorrect for the HP. The parts book list either the 3TNE78 or the 3TNE82 as the engine for these units. Both engines depending on application are listed between 26-32 hp depending on tuning. Unfortunately there are no serial breaks listed in the parts book (at least on my phone) for short blocks so I have to see if it is done by component.

I have no idea on weight or cost.
See less See more
I'm guessing the Tractor Blue Book website is incorrect for the HP. The parts book list either the 3TNE78 or the 3TNE82 as the engine for these units. Both engines depending on application are listed between 26-32 hp depending on tuning. Unfortunately there are no serial breaks listed in the parts book (at least on my phone) for short blocks so I have to see if it is done by component.

I have no idea on weight or cost.
You may be right I read somewhere else that it said 25hp but Tractor Blue Book looked more official so I went with that.

Tell you what though one of those would be sweet for my family's farm we have around a 25 acre field we have to mow and a 10' mowing swath would be awesome.

Let me tell you mowing 25 acres with a John Deere 160 38" deck takes a long time but hey who doesn't like seat time. Our tractor with the bush hog on it was torn down having the engine rebuilt.
See less See more
I'll get some more info posted today along with a more descriptive video..... But here's a couple shorts.

The engine sounds and runs fantastic!

The reel mower doesn't work great on my yard but I'm not shocked about that.
See less See more
Looks straight, Kyle! Don't want to keep it?
Looks straight, Kyle! Don't want to keep it?
Based on some initial trials it's not very good at mowing the type grass I have. No concrete plan yet.... That will come over the next few weeks. Tossed around several.... Sending it to FL with my parents.... Fixing it and selling it... Or using it as a platform with either just the engine or the hydraulic set up.... Your guess is as good as mine! Haha
See less See more
I know exactly what I'd do with it. But I would have a bunch of angry Deere lovers beating on my front door with pitch forks and torches.

I'd yank that beast of an engine out and put it on a shallow well water drill rig. Either that or on our pump hoist truck running the hydraulics and do away with the electric motor powered hydraulic pump.
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.