My Tractor Forum banner

Shopping for lawn tractor

364 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  MARK (LI)
Hello all,

I found this forum while doing online research for a new lawn tractor. I was THIS close to buying a SCUT (Mahindra or Kubota) then wondered if $16K was worth it for something I might only really need 2-3 times a year. I have a 5 acre property that is mostly wooded. I'm shopping for a heavy-duty lawn tractor that will do the mowing plus allow me to add some attachments that would come in really handy: snow blower, drag, hauling firewood. I hope to learn a lot from everyone.

All the best,
Mike
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Welcome to MTF, Mike! we're glad you found us. You may want to post in the "Backyard Round Table" forum located in the "Lawn, and Garden Tractor section. For starters, I think you would be looking for garden tractor ideas versus lawn tractor ideas, given the tasks you have in mind.

Enjoy the forums!:MTF_wel2:
See less See more
If you have 5 acres, I don't think you would regret a SCUT, it will face up to whatever job you give it, and with a rear PTO and 3 Point hitch there are a lot of useful attachments for property like that, especially with fire wood..you can get a grapple to move it around, splitter to process it, post hole auger if you decide to fence it in,back hoe attachment...I only have a quarter acre, but I am living vicariously through you just thinking of the possibilities
But I would really shop it around and check Massey Ferguson, New Holland, Simplicity and of course John Deere...and ask if the dealers are expecting special sales come the Spring
See less See more
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.