My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Daughters Father in Law asked me about this problem he has. I don't have a clue what to do. He is running Win 98. If he goes to a website and clicks to another page in that site it will open but shift to the right enough that the 3 buttons in the upper right are gone. There will be a gap on the left and he will see part of the homepage of the site he is in. I hope I explained it good enough. This only happens ounce he gets to a site and clicks on another page within that site.
Thanks in advance
Rod :banghead3

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
Is the page maximize? If not tell him to maximize it and it should put it in the middle.

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
This probably won't help much since I don't have '98 machine to reference, but the first thing I would do is resize the new or linked window to where it does not take up the whole screen. Then I would move the position of that window to where you can see the right side buttons. Click somewhere else beside that window like the Desktop. That might make Windows "remember" where that Window is preferred by the user.

If that doesn't work, then there might be an option that tells IE to open a link in the current window, instead of a new window. That might be in IE>Toos>Properties, but I'm not really sure.

·
m-ODD-r8r
2,357 Posts
Have him 'right-click' the top bar of his browser window (the same line with the page name) - next select "Move" (a 4-way arrow will appear) - 'left-click' (& hold it down!) on the top bar - move the page to the left, until the 3 boxes are visible - then 'left-click' the page again. He should be good to go! Maximize will get the page to fill the screen, but won't do anything about the size or position of the undersized window.

HTH!
Angel

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks
I will pass this info on to him. I am sure glad we have our group back with all this help.
HAPPY EASTER
Rodster

1 - 5 of 5 Posts