My Tractor Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's the piston with it's new seal installed. Got a seal from Messicks--SBA050309012, found the part number on New Holland's website. Very nice of them to carry the parts listings on these legacy machines. You can save the listings as a pdf file as well. Has exploded diagrams and all the part numbers. I was going by 1700 tractor, as that one seems to match this 2200 best.

edit--put the seal in a cat food can with some safflower oil, heated it up to 200 in the oven, went on easy.
Here's the piston with it's new seal installed. Got a seal from Messicks--SBA050309012, found the part number on New Holland's website. Very nice of them to carry the parts listings on these legacy machines. You can save the listings as a pdf file as well. Has exploded diagrams and all the part numbers. I was going by 1700 tractor, as that one seems to match this 2200 best.

edit--put the seal in a cat food can with some safflower oil, heated it up to 200 in the oven, went on easy.
Wow, I don't know if anybody will read this, but here goes. I just need to know when I put the new seal in does the split in the seal go up towards the little part of the piston or down? thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Wow, I don't know if anybody will read this, but here goes. I just need to know when I put the new seal in does the split in the seal go up towards the little part of the piston or down? thanks!
Hey man, good luck with your repair--I believe there is kind of a "lip", on the seal itself. I put mine on with the lip pointing toward the top of the piston. Click on that picture if you can, to blow it up a bit, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey man, good luck with your repair--I believe there is kind of a "lip", on the seal itself. I put mine on with the lip pointing toward the top of the piston. Click on that picture if you can, to blow it up a bit, and you'll see what I'm talking about.
here's a copy of the pic

41 - 43 of 43 Posts