My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All dressed up in her snow gear and nowhere to go.....

She's been sitting there, like the fat girl in the corner of the gymnasium on prom dance night.... waiting for someone to come ask "may I have this dance?"

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
I probably ought to go start them up and let them run and charge the batteries up. Great pic. slkpk

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably ought to go start them up and let them run and charge the batteries up. Great pic. slkpk
Yeah, I ran the kids around the yard yesterday, down to the mailbox, etc.
It's mid 40's for the next few days. I may put the deck back on and finish cleaning up the leaves in the planters that I skipped on earlier because I was "in a rush to get the snow gear on".

Mid January, and no plowable snow. :-(

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Same here. Thought about putting the deck on and cutting my grass. Left it kinda long because I had to get the thrower ready for the snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Everyone needs to remove the snow equipment from their machines.

Then it will start snowing.
Keep it on! if I had to take the plow and weight's back off come april without using it once would be OK with me. I like running my tractor's as much as anyone but I work out in the cold and try to spend as little time as possible out in it as I have to.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Had a party at my place last night. After several adult beverages:drunkie: , a lot of the guys wanted to see the tractor. Out to the shed we go. "You may as well fire it up while we're out here" someone says. Good idea. "May as well fire up the bike too while we're out here too". Sure, charge them both.

Only after they were running for a while did I realize it was 11::30 at night. I'm sure the neighbors loved it. :duh:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I feel your pain brother! Here in Utah still nothing! Greatest snow on earth my @$$! lol :howdy: :i_praying

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,538 Posts
Had a party at my place last night. After several adult beverages:drunkie: , a lot of the guys wanted to see the tractor. Out to the shed we go. "You may as well fire it up while we're out here" someone says. Good idea. "May as well fire up the bike too while we're out here too". Sure, charge them both.

Only after they were running for a while did I realize it was 11::30 at night. I'm sure the neighbors loved it. :duh:
Sounds like a party I was at several years ago. We were running out of wood for our little campfire, there was a dead maple tree in the middle of the lawn, and my buddy hadn't been able to get his Craftsman chainsaw started for a couple months. Nothing like a challenge, and nothing like the noise a 42cc chainsaw makes at midnight in a small town. At least the neighbors had no trouble spotting the source of the sound as they looked out their windows, our campfire had reached bonfire proportions and lit the whole back lawn. I'm sure the older folks weren't happy, but small town folks talk to each other rather than calling authorities.

Oh yea, and to stay on topic: No snow here in SE PA either. Split firewood again yesterday in shirt sleeves. Nice new Fiskars x27 though, so it's not all bad.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I fired up the green machine today because she was whining in the garage from lack of attention. I drove the kids down the drive and a little ways down the street, turned around and then put her back in her spot in the garage.

I got some complements from the neighbors about the blower. I explained how I wish I had a reason to use it then I could clear their drive too. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've dodged a bullet as I just got the transaxle put back together after a bunch of work. Didn't plan to go that far but you know how it goes sometimes. I was sure we'd get whacked with a foot of snow since I had the tractor all apart, but no...

·
Super Moderator
39,173 Posts
I feel your pain of waiting, but the older I get the lesser I look forward to it anyway :duh:.

Get a cab and you won't mind near as much! :fing32:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I feel your pain of waiting, but the older I get the lesser I look forward to it anyway :duh:.
:ditto:

I've had my fair share of snow, living in the Adirondack Mtns and Syracuse. If it didn't snow this year . . . I wouldn't mind.
It's already missed the holidays where I'd have welcomed it and now I'm appreciating the lower heating bill.
I'm also having a fist fight with a snowblower cab so there's that too . . .

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
It's been so long since I started THE X520 it took 3 tries to fire-up. ( plenty of juice), so I ran it around for a while.
We need the snow for insulation up here !!

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
I got the trickle charger going on mine. I'm ready for winter to be over already. We've had two snow that were blowable (just enough) and I'm good if doesn't snow again. But, I'm also fine if it does too but, 15 day forecast has no snow in it.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Its been so long since I had to use the X520 for any thing I don't even think it will start (old battery). I want some snow so I have something to do for a few days. This warm winter is spoiling me.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.