My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im converting my 1.5 car garage that houses my F150 and JD X540 to a 2 car garage so my wife can now park her Escape inside during the winter months. Im looking at putting up a Shelter Logic round 8'x12' portable covered shelter on a paved area in back of my garage. I also am looking into the Arrow metal sheds. Anyone use either one, maybe had both? Likes vs dislikes? Eventually I hope to add on to the back of my 2 car garage by adding a 6'x 14' addition w/ slab for a more permanent tractor storage solution but need something to by me 2-5 years worth of time.

·
Premium Member
9,789 Posts
I believe the round top Shelter logic shed will handle snowload better than the tin Arrow shed. I just got a Shelter logic roundtop 20'x12'x8'H shed for $350 at BJ's Wholesale.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am not familiar with the models you are looking at but in general I would vote for the tin shed. I have done the portable tarp building thing as has my brother and you get about 4 years out of them in a partially sheltered location (any bit of wind break) until the roof seams rot and the snow caves them in. Just my 2c. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think I'll still be able to squeeze the X540 between the two vehicles in the garage and that would get me by without a shed for a few more years until I can build a 12'x18' on a slab with an overhead door. If I cant fit it, Im going cheap with the 10'x10' Shelterlogic from Home Depot for around $175. If I can get 3-4 years out of it, it'll be worth the $44 price tag per year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts