My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might have read in another thread that I had a 10323 stolen the other night. It woke me up a bit and I had to do something to straighten up my storage shed and get things in order so I can properly store my mowers in a secure area. I had a whole cart full of vintage commercial engines and tanks and such that they thankfully ignored as well as my Honda.

I purchased a shed a couple years ago for storing my LB stuff and other overflow from the garage. I built in a loft to ease the strain down on the floor. But it eventually got out of hand because I am lazy sometimes and just want to push stuff in and pile it up and put off organizing stuff in the shed. Eventually there got to be so much junk and so little place to put things that I had to do all kinds of navigation tricks just to get something out.

So maybe the theft of the mower was the kick in the pants I needed to finally motivate to make it happen. I took everything out that was on the floor and moved in some wall lockers and other excess cabinets and such and reorganized everything that I could. Whatever I could hang off the walls I hung to get it off the floor to give as much precious floor space as possible. Eventually I ended up with enough space for all my mowers plus plenty to walk around and even room for a few more once I get them built.

First pic here was after the first day, and the rest are after I got it all finished up. Its amazing how much room you have if you just organize and use your noggin a bit and use your resources at hand.:trink39::thThumbsU

Next weekend comes the garage!:thSick:

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It came with the trimmer when I bought it used on Ebay. Both trimmers are the same model SRM2601. I only use the one without the Edgit though.

·
Super Moderator
32,656 Posts
Very nicely organized! Sorry to hear about the theft tough, unfortunately unless the police run into the property doing something else the chance of them recovering it is pretty slim! Hope your insurance took good care of you!

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Well Im not going to bother with an insurance claim on a 12 years old mower. Ill just keep an eye out for it in a yard or in the trash. I figure the dope who stole it will straight gas it first time out. :(

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Nice supply there. I love the way you have stuff affixed to the wall/ceiling....reminds me of my sheds.

I guess I missed the theft thread...that sux.

·
10,728 Posts
:sidelaugh I'm sorry, but after the first pic, I'm reminded of the parrot joke: "Jesus is watching you".

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all! I just wanted to utilize all the avaliable space as possible. I ended up burying the Christmas decor deeper in the loft and that stuff will be coming out soon, but I left enough wiggle room to do it without a major catastophe. I have even considered buying a second smaller shed for such items or maybe add another 4 feet to the loft.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have any commercial brick engines or gas tanks would you...? :aetsch:

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan, if I had it all to do again I would have gotten one 4 foot wider.

GTP, funny you should mention that... LOL

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Looks nice and orginized for sure! My poor sheds and garage are just way too FULL to try to do much else than what I have done. My next step is building a rack to put the LB's on to pack them in tighter. I do a full blown animated (computer controled 128 channels of LOR) Christmas display, so I have a HUGE amount of lights and display items. Plus running a lawn service out of my place, so there's a lot of other equipment to store... Someday I'll have a bigger place! It never fails, you build a shed or garage and it will NEVER be big enough!

Your DF commercial looks just like mine with those wheels, only mines not really a commercial...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi,FT!Like your shed and how you organized it-I need to build another shed-I have got close to FIFTY Lawn Boys,so many that I have over twenty stored at my daughters house trying to bring them home a few at a time-but they keep finding me-have a couple more to get this weekend-they are literally falling out of the sky here in WV(not that I'm complaining!)Anyway,back to my original question-what is the material you used on the exterior for your shed-my first one is T-111 and might use steel or aluminum panels for my 2nd,along the size of 24x32 or 36,you never seem to have enough storage!

·
4,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mark! That shed was a commercially manufactured shed by Morgan. I dont know the steel makeup off the top of my head but its prety darned tough stuff. It didnt get any hail damage last year when my cars got pummelled with baseball sized hail.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Wow you do nice work. I could use your help cleaning up my catastrophe I mean shed. And people steal lawnmowers now?? :duh: Thats kind of sad.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
good re shuffle......sorry to hear someone pilched a lb from there

made me think, time to organize my garage a bit&create work space

1 - 19 of 19 Posts