My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 12x30 portable building from the neighbors that I bought in Jan and just got moved last week. Forgot pics for unload cause I was busy taking down fence etc. They brought a wrecker with building mover trailer and couldn't get it loaded without the wrecker winch cause the trailer winch couldn't get it moving on it's own.

Attachments

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That's a very nice looking building. I like that a lot. :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
:thThumbsU Where are the pics of it's new home?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a pic with cell phone I snapped a while ago in the new location. It was already wired with outlets and lights. I still have to build up the area in front of the overhead door,but I spent a few hours reinforcing the joints on 2x4's on the trusses cause I didn't like looks of those staples holding things together. I cut plywood pieces and screwed to cover the stapled areas.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
Here's a pic with cell phone I snapped a while ago in the new location. It was already wired with outlets and lights. I still have to build up the area in front of the overhead door,but I spent a few hours reinforcing the joints on 2x4's on the trusses cause I didn't like looks of those staples holding things together. I cut plywood pieces and screwed to cover the stapled areas.
:thThumbsU What kind of base did you put down to set it on?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cut about 8" from near corner on the pic and using the Kubota front loader I managed to haul about 10 loads of rock and broken concrete from a ditch on the property built a wall of sorts on the 2 low sides of intended spot. Then I built up the outside of wall with soil and sloping it away. I then put the old 1 ton to work by hauling 2 loads of 2" clean crushed rock and another load of 1 " rock. I only haul 3-3.5 tons per load.
The perimeter base is about 1 ft wider all the way around.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,495 Posts
That is a very nice looking building and pretty good size also. Lots of storage there.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
You may need to add a 2x6 to the bottom cord of those trusses. It looks like the two at door end are bowed down.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One is slightly warped and other is almost not noticeable. The pic exaggerates the actual condition. It has other things to be redone such as the insulation stapled to the walls isn't holding too good.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like it and I think you got a good score. I dont know how much you paid for it but that looks a lot better than the shipping container I am looking at placing next to my shop.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1k ozark

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got to haul more 2" gravel to build up in front of door.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whew..square bales. We got 58 round bales on above pics and then while square baling with my IH46 (53 years old), I had a catastrophic failure when the plunger tore to pieces and had to borrow a friends baler. It was only 120 bales though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts