My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Looks like a nice man cave. How about some details like brand,build time,interior sheathing. I've been thinking about putting one up myself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brand is American Steel Carports, I found a guy local to that area that had a couple set on in his business parking lot. I put together an order sheet with him and he ordered from the factory. It is 18x26 roll up door is 8x about 7' high. You basically start with the frame and roof and add options, sides, ends etc.
Came out to $3600 with tax delivered and put up. I prepared the area with stone and made a frame out of treated 6x6's. Then over about a yr and a half I finished it. I wanted to keep this on the cheap, I only get up there about 2-3 times a month on weekends. Once it was up I add frame work in the stone floor covered this with thick poly and made a floor out of two layers of 3/4 treated ply wood. Insulated added cheap windows I found on eBay for about $130 per four pack. Used 1/4 osb to cover walls and Menards steel barn siding for the ceiling.
It has 200amp service, a 230v 5000 watt garage heater, ceiling fan etc.
At this point I'm into it for about $5600.

I have many pics of stuff while I was working on it if there is something specific you would like to see.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,986 Posts
That's really cool. These type get-aways are becoming more prevalent. I built one for a friend upstate a couple years back. I have 9 acres of lakefront in Maine that I'm starting construction on 16' x20' cabin this year. I am fortunate in that there are no bldg. codes there. If you'd like to visit a really cool site that is dedicated to all aspects of these type structures, here's a link to a forum I'm a member of. Tons of hands on stuff. The people are very nice too :fing32:

http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts